In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Quinoa fritters with arugula-strawberry salad and walnuts
Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, Vegetarian, Family-Friendly, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 670 Calories/Serving
Panko bread crumbs and Parmesan add crunch and umami to these protein-rich vegetarian fritters, balanced by the bright strawberry salad.
In your bag
- ½ cup rainbow quinoa
- 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
- 3 organic scallions
- 2 organic eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat panko
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- ½ pound organic strawberries
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Sunbasket lemon-tahini yogurt (Greek yogurt - lemon juice - water - tahini - kosher salt)
Calories: 670, Protein: 25g (50% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 43g (66% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 20g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 165mg (55% DV), Sodium: 420mg (18% DV), Carbohydrates: 50g (17% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Tree Nuts (walnut), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the quinoa
- Rinse the quinoa.
While the quinoa cooks and cools, prepare the remaining fritter ingredients.
Prep the remaining fritter ingredients; make the quinoa patties
- Finely chop ¼ cup [½ cup] of the arugula; set aside the rest for the salad.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions. Set aside 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] for garnish.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Using a fork or whisk, lightly beat until just blended.
Cook the fritters
While the fritters cook, prepare the salad.
Make the arugula-strawberry salad
- Remove the green hulls from the strawberries; cut the berries into quarters.
- Coarsely chop the walnuts.
- Rinse the quinoa.
- Measure the arugula and scallions.
- Stir together the vinegar and oil.
- Assemble the arugula-strawberry salad.
- Top the fritters with lemon-tahini yogurt and scallions.