Quinoa fritters with arugula-strawberry salad
Vegetarian, Soy Free
These simple cakes form a gorgeous, crisp crust when pan-seared. If you have time, prepare the fritters a day ahead and refrigerate them overnight before cooking. That will make preparing dinner the next evening even easier.
- 1/3 cup rainbow quinoa
- 2 scallions
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ pound baby arugula
- 1 lemon
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan
- ¼ pound strawberries
- 2 tablespoons walnuts
- Yogurt-tahini sauce (Greek yogurt - tahini - lemon juice - water - salt)
Cook the quinoa
- Rinse the quinoa.
Prep the fritter ingredients
- Finely chop the scallions.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; finely chop the leaves.
- Finely chop ½ cup of the arugula, reserving the rest for the salad.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, season generously with salt and pepper, and lightly beat.
Cook the fritters
Make the salad
- Remove the green hulls from the strawberries; cut the fruit into ¼-inch-thick slices.
Add the strawberries, walnuts, and remaining arugula. Toss to coat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 740, Protein: 26 g, Total Fat: 46 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 19 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 12.5 g, Saturated Fat: 8 g, Cholesterol: 125 mg, Carbohydrates: 60 g, Fiber: 9 g, Added Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 720 mg
Contains: eggs, wheat, milk, tree nuts