In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Quinoa pasta with corn, bell peppers, and tomatoes
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
The generous mix of vegetables in this pasta is inspired by maque choux. Pronounced mock-shoo, it’s also known as Creole succotash, because it contains such a similar blend of crunchy-sweet garden produce. It’s likely a mashup of Creole and Native American dishes (even the name is thought to be a French approximation of a Native American word.)
In your bag
- 1 yellow onion
- Peeled fresh garlic
- 1 green bell pepper
- 6 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1 ear corn
- 4 scallions
- 1 lime
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- 5 ounces gluten-free quinoa penne (quinoa - corn)
- 1 tablespoon Oaktown Spice Shop Hot Cajun seasoning (optional)
Calories 590, Total Fat 24g (31% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 165mg (55% DV), Sodium 420mg (18% DV), Total Carb. 79g (29% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Protein 20g
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and chop the onion into ¼-inch pieces.
- Finely chop enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the green bell pepper; cut the pepper into ¼-inch pieces.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Shuck the corn; lay the ear flat and cut the kernels from the cob.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Juice the lime.
Cook the eggs
Cook the penne
Cook the vegetables
Finish the pasta and eggs
Cut the eggs in half lengthwise.