In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Quinoa pasta with corn, bell peppers, and tomatoes
Dairy-Free, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
The generous mix of vegetables in this pasta is inspired by maque choux. Pronounced mock-shoo, it’s also known as Creole succotash, because it contains such a similar blend of crunchy-sweet garden produce. It’s likely a mashup of Creole and Native American dishes (even the name is thought to be a French approximation of a Native American word.)
In your bag
- 1 yellow onion
- Peeled fresh garlic
- 1 green bell pepper
- 6 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1 ear corn
- 4 scallions
- 1 lime
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- 5 ounces gluten-free quinoa penne (quinoa - corn)
- 1 tablespoon Oaktown Spice Shop Hot Cajun seasoning (optional)
Calories: 590, Protein: 20 g, Fiber: 9 g, Total Fat: 24 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 12.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5 g, Saturated Fat: 3.5 g, Cholesterol: 165 mg, Sodium: 420 mg, Carbohydrates: 79 g, Added Sugar: 0 g.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and chop the onion into ¼-inch pieces.
- Finely chop enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the green bell pepper; cut the pepper into ¼-inch pieces.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Shuck the corn; lay the ear flat and cut the kernels from the cob.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Juice the lime.
Cook the eggs
Cook the penne
Cook the vegetables
Finish the pasta and eggs
Cut the eggs in half lengthwise.