In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Quinoa tabbouleh with smashed peas and tahini-yogurt dressing
Diabetes-Friendly, Mediterranean, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 430 Calories/Serving
For a fun new take on stuffed peppers, we char sweet bell peppers until smoky, then stuff them with a gluten-free and Californianized take on tabbouleh salad.
In your bag
- ½ cup rainbow quinoa
- 2 organic red or other bell peppers
- 1 cup peas
- 2 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 3 tablespoons Marcona almonds
- 1 organic lemon
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- Sun Basket tahini-yogurt dressing (Greek yogurt - fresh lemon juice - tahini - Aleppo chile flakes - kosher salt)
Calories: 430, Protein: 16g (32% DV), Fiber: 13g (52% DV), Total Fat: 23g (35% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 310mg (13% DV), Carbohydrates: 40g (13% DV), Total Sugars: 14g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts (almond), Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the quinoa
- Rinse the quinoa.
While the quinoa cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Char the bell peppers
While the peppers roast and cool, start preparing the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- In a medium bowl, using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly smash the peas.
- Coarsely chop the arugula.
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure ¼ cup [½ cup].
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
- Zest the lemon and juice half, keeping the zest and juice separate; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Zest both lemons; juice 1 lemon and cut 1 lemon into wedges.]
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Finish the quinoa tabbouleh
- Rinse the quinoa.
- Smash the peas.
- Measure the shallots.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the mint leaves.