Quinoa–white bean fritters with baby broccoli and basil pesto

In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.

Quinoa–white bean fritters with baby broccoli and basil pesto

Quinoa–white bean fritters with baby broccoli and basil pesto

Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Vegetarian, Diabetes-Friendly

2 Servings, 660 Calories/Serving

30–45 Minutes

Full of texture and flavor, these quinoa–white bean fritters are deliciously easy. Serve them alongside sautéed baby broccoli and you’ve got dinner, done.

Get delicious recipes with organic produce and clean ingredients delivered

View our meal plans

In your bag

1 bag serves 2 (2 bags serve 4)
Sunbasket is proud to source the organic ingredients indicated below. On the rare occasion we are unable to meet our organic promise, we'll put a note in your bag.
  • ½ cup rainbow quinoa
  • 1 ounce sun-dried tomato strips (not in oil)
  • 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
  • 10 ounces organic baby broccoli
  • 6 ounces organic Sungold or other cherry tomatoes
  • 1 cup cooked white beans
  • 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
  • Sunbasket basil pesto (EVOO - walnuts - basil - garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)

Nutrition per serving

Calories 660, Total Fat 37g (47% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 10mg (3% DV), Sodium 540mg (23% DV), Total Carb. 71g (26% DV), Fiber 12g (43% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 22g
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts (walnut)

Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten.

*Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.


2-serving instructions (4-serving modifications in red)

Wash produce before use


Cook the quinoa

  • Rinse the quinoa.
  • Finely chop the sun-dried tomatoes.
In a small sauce pot, combine the quinoa and 1 cup [2 cups] lightly salted water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the quinoa is tender and the water is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes, stirring in the sun-dried tomatoes during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Fluff with a fork, cover, and keep warm.
While the quinoa cooks, prepare the broccoli.


Prep and cook the broccoli

  • Finely chop, press, or grate the garlic.
  • Trim the root ends from the baby broccoli; cut the broccoli into 1-inch pieces.
  • Coarsely chop the Sungold tomatoes; season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside for garnish.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] oil until hot but not smoking. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the broccoli, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out the pan.
While the broccoli cooks, start preparing the fritter patties.


Make the fritter patties

  • Rinse the white beans.
In a large bowl, using a fork, masher, or the bottom of a bowl, mash the white beans to a coarse paste. Stir in the cooked quinoa and Parmesan and season lightly with salt and pepper. Using wet hands, form the mixture into six [twelve] ½-inch-thick patties.


Cook the fritters

In the same pan used for the broccoli, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Working in batches if needed, add the fritters and cook, carefully turning once, until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain. Add more oil between batches if needed.


Transfer the fritters and broccoli to individual plates and top the broccoli with the Sungold tomatoes. Spoon as much pesto as you like on the fritters and serve any remaining pesto on the side.
Kids Can!
  • Rinse the quinoa.
  • Measure the water for the quinoa.
  • Press the garlic (if you have a press).
  • Rinse the white beans.
  • Mash the beans; form the fritters.