In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Quinoa bowls with snap peas, beets, feta, and mint
Vegetarian, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 730 Calories/Serving
Grain bowls like these are a great way to get a protein-rich vegetarian meal on the table fast. Be sure to rinse the quinoa before cooking; the seeds have a natural coating called saponin, which can have a soapy, bitter flavor. Mustard seeds lend the dish a delicate crunch and subtle spice.
In your bag
- ¾ cup white quinoa
- Peeled fresh garlic
- ½ pound peeled roasted Love Beets
- 3 ounces sugar snap peas
- ½ teaspoon brown mustard seeds
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 ounces snow peas
- Fresh mint
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- ¼ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
Calories: 730, Protein: 21 g, Total Fat: 34 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 18 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5 g, Saturated Fat: 8 g, Cholesterol: 25 mg, Carbohydrates: 80 g, Fiber: 11 g, Added Sugar (Honey): 7 g, Sodium: 850 mg
Wash produce before use
Cook the quinoa
- In a fine-mesh strainer, rinse the quinoa.
While the quinoa cooks, prepare the vegetables.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Cut a small corner from the beet packaging and drain off any excess liquid; cut the beets in half, then into ½-inch wedges.
- Cut the sugar snap peas in half crosswise on the diagonal, leaving any smaller snap peas whole.
While the vegetables cook, prepare the vinaigrette.
Make the vinaigrette
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate.
Finish the quinoa
- Cut the snow peas in half crosswise on the diagonal.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.