In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Quinoa-zucchini fritters with tahini dressing and nectarine salad
Diabetes-Friendly, Vegetarian, Mediterranean, Dairy-Free, Lean & Clean, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
These gluten-free fritters combine hearty yet healthy quinoa, zucchini, and white beans; a summery nectarine salad rounds out the meal.
In your bag
- ⅓ cup rainbow quinoa
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 organic nectarines or other stone fruit
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh basil
- ¾ cup cooked white beans
- 1 organic zucchini or other summer squash
- 3 organic scallions
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- Sun Basket lemon-tahini dressing base (fresh lemon juice - tahini - fresh garlic - fresh orange juice - Marash chile flakes)
Calories: 590, Protein: 19g (38% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 31g (48% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 20g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 155mg (52% DV), Sodium: 100mg (4% DV), Carbohydrates: 57g (19% DV), Total Sugars: 18g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the quinoa
- Rinse the quinoa.
While the quinoa cooks and cools, prepare the salad and remaining fritter ingredients.
Make the nectarine salad
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Cut the nectarines in half and remove the pit; cut the fruit into ½-inch pieces.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Prep the fritter batter
- Rinse the white beans.
- Trim the ends from the zucchini. Using the large holes of a box grater, coarsely grate the zucchini. Wrap the zucchini in a kitchen towel and squeeze to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; finely chop the scallions.
Cook the fritters
While the fritters cook, prepare the tahini dressing.
Make the tahini dressing
- Rinse the quinoa and white beans.
- Strip the basil leaves.
- Toss the nectarine salad.
- Squeeze the zucchini in a towel.
- Mash the beans and quinoa.