In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Quinoa-zucchini fritters with tahini dressing and nectarine salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Vegetarian, Diabetes-Friendly
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
Step aside, zucchini noodles. There’s a new fan favorite in town and it’s made of five simple ingredients: grated zucchini, rainbow quinoa, tender white beans, chopped scallions, and eggs for crispy golden fritters.
In your bag
- ½ cup rainbow quinoa
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 organic nectarines or other stone fruit
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh Thai basil
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- 1 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- 3 organic scallions
- 2 organic eggs
- Sunbasket lemon-tahini dressing base (lemon juice - tahini - garlic - orange juice - Marash chile flakes)
Calories 590, Total Fat 35g (45% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 155mg (52% DV), Sodium 160mg (7% DV), Total Carb. 66g (24% DV), Fiber 12g (43% DV), Total Sugars 16g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 21g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the quinoa
- Rinse the quinoa.
In a small sauce pot, combine the quinoa and 1 cup [2 cups] lightly salted water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the quinoa is tender and the water is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Spread the quinoa out on a plate or sheet pan to cool. Meanwhile, prepare the salad and remaining fritter ingredients.
Make the nectarine salad
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Cut the nectarines in half and remove the pits; cut the fruit into ½-inch pieces.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
In a medium bowl, toss together the tomatoes, nectarines, and basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Prep the fritter batter
- Rinse the white beans.
- Using the large holes of a box grater, coarsely grate the zucchini. Wrap the zucchini in a kitchen towel and squeeze to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; finely chop the scallions.
Crack the eggs into a large bowl and lightly beat with a fork until just blended. Add the white beans; using a fork, masher, or the bottom of a bowl, mash to a fine paste. Add the cooled quinoa, zucchini, and scallions, season generously with salt and pepper, and stir until just combined.
Cook the fritters
In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Working in batches if needed, spoon the batter into the pan to form six [twelve] ½-inch-thick patties. Cook, turning once, until golden brown and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain. Add more oil between batches if needed. While the fritters are cooking, prepare the tahini dressing.
Make the tahini dressing
In a small bowl, stir together the tahini dressing base and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the fritters to individual plates and drizzle with as much tahini dressing as you like. Serve the nectarine salad and any remaining dressing on the side.
- Rinse the quinoa and white beans.
- Strip the basil leaves.
- Assemble the nectarine salad.
- Squeeze the zucchini in a towel.
- Make the tahini dressing.