Southwestern quinoa–black bean tostadas with cabbage slaw and avocado
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Vegan, Family-Friendly, Dairy-Free
30 – 45 Minutes
For these plant-based tostadas, we cook quinoa and black beans in our smoky simmer sauce, then pile them on crisp tortillas with creamy avocado and a juicy slaw.
In your bag
- Sun Basket Southwestern simmer sauce blend (fire-roasted tomatoes - tomato paste - chili powder - coriander - cumin - sweet paprika - granulated garlic)
- ½ cup rainbow quinoa
- ½ cup cooked black beans
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 1 organic avocado
- 3 ounces organic shredded green or other cabbage
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
If you have time, you can crisp the tortillas on the stovetop: In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 2 to 3 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Working in batches, add the tortillas and cook, turning once, until crisp, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate and season with salt.
Calories: 750, Protein: 19g (38% DV), Fiber: 26g (104% DV), Total Fat: 36g (55% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 22g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 370mg (15% DV), Carbohydrates: 98g (33% DV), Total Sugars: 14g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.