In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Southwestern quinoa–black bean tostadas with cabbage slaw and guacamole
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Vegan, No Added Sugar
2 Servings, 630 Calories/Serving
A perfectly crisped tortilla piled high with earthy black beans, creamy guac, crunchy slaw, and more plant-based toppings? A thousand times yes.
In your bag
- Sunbasket Southwestern simmer sauce blend (fire-roasted tomatoes - tomato paste - chili powder - coriander - cumin - sweet paprika - granulated garlic)
- ½ cup rainbow quinoa
- ½ cup cooked black beans
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 3 ounces organic shredded green or other cabbage
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
- ½ cup Wholly guacamole
Calories 630, Total Fat 28g (36% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 480mg (21% DV), Total Carb. 85g (31% DV), Fiber 15g (54% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 15g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the quinoa–black bean mixture
Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Set aside half the Southwestern simmer sauce blend for the tostada sauce.
- Rinse the quinoa.
- Rinse the black beans.
In a small sauce pot, stir together half the simmer sauce blend and ¾ cup [1½ cups] lightly salted water, then add the quinoa. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the quinoa is tender and the liquid is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork, stir in the beans, cover, and keep warm. Meanwhile, prepare the tortillas.
Crisp the tortillas
On a sheet pan, brush the tortillas all over with 1 to 2 tablespoons oil and season with salt; arrange side by side. Toast in the oven, turning halfway through, until the tortillas are crisp, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer the tortillas to a plate. Meanwhile, prepare the cabbage slaw.
Make the cabbage slaw
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Juice half the lime; cut the remaining half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lime; cut the remaining lime into wedges.]
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
In a medium bowl, toss together the cabbage, carrots, tomatoes, cilantro, 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lime juice, and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Warm the tostada sauce
In a small sauce pot over medium heat, combine the remaining simmer sauce blend and ¼ cup [½ cup] water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the tortillas to individual plates. Top with the quinoa–black bean mixture and tostada sauce, spoon on the slaw, and garnish with the guacamole. Serve with the lime wedges.
- Rinse the quinoa and black beans.
- Prepare the tortillas for crisping.
- Juice the lime.
- Assemble the slaw.
- Garnish with the guacamole.