In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Rainbow rice noodle salad with tempeh and tamarind dressing
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Vegan, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 860 Calories/Serving
This gluten-free riff on our 5-Minute Rainbow Asian Salad pairs protein-packed tempeh with sweet mango and slurpable rice noodles—perfect warm or cold.
In your bag
- 5 ounces flat rice noodles
- ½ pound organic flax tempeh
- 1 organic cucumber
- 1 organic mango
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
- 3 ounces organic shredded cabbage
- Sunbasket tamarind dressing (EVOO - coconut vinegar - maple syrup - gluten-free tamari - cashew butter - tamarind - kosher salt - red chile flakes)
Nutrition per serving
Calories 860, Total Fat 35g (45% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 400mg (17% DV), Total Carb. 114g (41% DV), Fiber 19g (68% DV), Total Sugars 32g (Incl. 4g Added Sugars, 8% DV), Protein 28g
Contains: Tree Nuts (cashew), Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the noodles
While the water heats and the noodles cook, start the tempeh.
Start the tempeh
- Crumble or cut the tempeh into ½-inch pieces.
While the tempeh cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Trim the ends from the mango; cut away the peel, then cut the flesh away from the pit into halves. Cut the fruit into matchsticks.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
Finish the tempeh
Finish the salad
- Time the rice noodles.
- Crumble the tempeh.
- Measure the water for the tempeh.
- Measure the oil for the tempeh.
- Assemble the salad.