In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Rainbow stir-fry with chicken, Thai basil, and jasmine rice
Family-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 630 Calories/Serving
When it comes to foods rich with nutrition, we like to eat the whole rainbow. This vibrant stir-fry features a colorful array of vegetables that looks good and makes you feel good.
In your bag
- ¾ cup jasmine rice
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 1 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh Thai basil
- 1 organic jalapeño or other fresh chile (optional)
- Sunbasket Asian seasoning blend (gluten-free tamari - rice vinegar - toasted sesame oil)
Calories: 630, Protein: 33g (66% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 15g (23% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 2g (10% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 670mg (28% DV), Carbohydrates: 90g (30% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
Prep the vegetables
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ¼-inch-wide strips.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into thin half-moons.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the white and light green parts into 2-inch lengths. Thinly slice the dark green parts on the diagonal for garnish.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems.
- If using the jalapeño, remove the stem; very thinly slice the jalapeño crosswise. Wash your hands after handling.
Prep your protein
- Chicken, steak, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Shrimp or scallops: Rinse and drain the shrimp or scallops. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch cubes. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Start cooking your protein
Cook the stir-fry
Add your protein and any accumulated juices and Asian seasoning blend, toss to coat, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the protein is cooked through, 1 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the basil leaves, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Strip the basil leaves.
- Garnish with the scallions.