In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Ratatouille with freekeh and ricotta salata
2 Servings, 650 Calories/Serving
Featuring earthy eggplant, bell peppers, tomatoes, and toasted pine nuts, this vegetarian Provençal classic gets a makeover with smoky freekeh, which is roasted young wheat.
In your bag
- 1 cup freekeh
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 globe eggplant
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- Peeled fresh garlic
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1½ ounces ricotta salata
Protein: 20g (40% DV), Fiber: 17g (68% DV), Total Fat: 31g (48% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 5mg (2% DV), Sodium: 280mg (12% DV), Carbohydrates: 84g (28% DV), Total Sugars: 14g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts, Wheat
Wash produce before use
Cook the freekeh
While the freekeh cooks, prepare the pine nuts and the eggplant.
Toast the pine nuts
Prep and cook the eggplant
- Remove the stem from the eggplant and cut in half lengthwise. Cut each half into 1-inch-wide strips, then crosswise into 1-inch cubes.
While the eggplant cooks and drains, prepare the remaining vegetables.
Prep and cook the remaining vegetables
- Peel and coarsely chop the yellow onion.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; coarsely chop the bell pepper.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Cut away the cores from the tomatoes; coarsely chop the tomatoes.
When the ratatouille is almost done, prepare the herbs.
Chop the herbs; finish the ratatouille
- Strip the parsley and basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.