In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spicy red curry chicken over warm jicama-citrus salad
Dairy-Free, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Spicy
2 Servings, 450 Calories/Serving
Skip the online take-out menus and cook up this Thai-inspired chicken dinner, featuring spicy red curry and zingy cashew-lime flavor.
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 wedge organic Savoy or other cabbage (about ½ pound)
- ½ pound organic jicama
- 1 organic orange
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- Sun Basket cashew-lime glaze (cashew butter - lime juice - coconut aminos - toasted sesame oil - garlic - sambal oelek - ginger)
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
Calories: 450, Protein: 26g (52% DV), Fiber: 13g (52% DV), Total Fat: 25g (38% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 0.5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 95mg (32% DV), Sodium: 990mg (41% DV), Carbohydrates: 34g (11% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Crustacean Shellfish (shrimp), Tree Nuts (cashew)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper and rub with the red curry paste.
In a medium [large] frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side for thighs, 4 to 6 minutes per side for breasts. Transfer to a cutting board to cool slightly. Cut the chicken into ½-inch-thick slices. Wipe out the pan. While the chicken is cooking and cooling, start preparing the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; thinly slice the cabbage.
- Using a sharp knife or a peeler, remove the peel from the jicama; cut the white flesh into ½-inch-thick slices, then cut the slices lengthwise into ½-inch-thick sticks.
- Using your hands or a sharp knife, peel the orange. Cut the fruit crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices or see Chef’s Tip on supreming. Discard any seeds.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cashew-lime glaze and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] water. Set aside for serving.
Make the jicama-citrus salad
In the same pan used for the chicken, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the cabbage, jicama, and carrots and season generously with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the orange, mint, and lime juice and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the jicama-citrus salad to individual bowls and top with the chicken. Spoon over as much cashew-lime sauce as you like and serve any remaining sauce on the side.
- Peel the orange by hand.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Stir the cashew-lime glaze and water.
- Spoon the cashew-lime sauce over the chicken.