In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spicy red curry chicken over warm jicama-citrus salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Paleo, Carb-Conscious, Spicy, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 430 Calories/Serving
Some like it hot . . . and some like it hotter. In this Thai-inspired dish, we dial up the heat by slathering juicy chicken thighs with our blazin’ red curry paste and serving them with a crunchy jicama salad.
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 wedge organic Savoy or other cabbage (about ½ pound)
- ½ pound organic jicama
- 1 organic orange
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- Sunbasket cashew-lime glaze (cashew butter - gluten-free tamari - water - toasted sesame oil - maple syrup - lime juice - sambal oelek - garlic - ginger)
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
Calories 430, Total Fat 23g (29% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 95mg (32% DV), Sodium 1080mg (47% DV), Total Carb. 34g (12% DV), Fiber 13g (46% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 1g Added Sugars, 2% DV), Protein 26g
Contains: Crustacean Shellfish (shrimp), Tree Nuts (cashew), Soybeans, Sesame
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper and rub with the red curry paste.
In a medium [large] frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side for thighs, 4 to 6 minutes per side for breasts. Transfer to a cutting board to cool slightly. Cut the chicken into ½-inch-thick slices. Wipe out the pan. While the chicken is cooking and cooling, start preparing the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; thinly slice the cabbage.
- Using a sharp knife or a peeler, remove the peel from the jicama; cut the white flesh into ½-inch-thick slices, then cut the slices lengthwise into ½-inch-thick sticks.
- Using your hands or a sharp knife, peel the orange. Cut the fruit crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices or see Chef’s Tip on supreming. Discard any seeds.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cashew-lime glaze and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] water. Set aside for serving.
Make the jicama-citrus salad
In the same pan used for the chicken, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the cabbage, jicama, and carrots and season generously with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the orange, mint, and lime juice and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the jicama-citrus salad to individual bowls and top with the chicken. Spoon over as much cashew-lime sauce as you like and serve any remaining sauce on the side.
- Peel the orange by hand.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Stir the cashew-lime glaze and water.
- Spoon the cashew-lime sauce over the chicken.