In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Red curry chicken over warm jicama-citrus salad
Paleo, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious
2 Servings, 440 Calories/Serving
Skip the online take-out menus and cook up this Thai-inspired chicken dinner, featuring red curry and zingy cashew-lime flavor.
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 wedge organic Savoy or other cabbage (about ½ pound)
- ½ pound organic jicama
- 1 organic orange
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- Sun Basket cashew-lime glaze (cashew butter - lime juice - coconut aminos - toasted sesame oil - garlic - sambal oelek - ginger)
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
Calories: 440, Protein: 26g (52% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 24g (37% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 95mg (32% DV), Sodium: 980mg (41% DV), Carbohydrates: 33g (11% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Crustacean Shellfish (shrimp), Tree Nuts (cashew)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper and rub with the red curry paste.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; thinly slice the cabbage.
- Using a sharp knife or a peeler, remove the peel from the jicama; cut the white flesh into ½-inch-thick slices, then cut the slices lengthwise into ½-inch-thick sticks.
- See the Chef’s Tip for how to prepare the orange as pictured in the photo, or follow this easy method: Using your hands or a sharp knife, peel the orange. Cut the fruit crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices. Discard any seeds.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cashew-lime glaze and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] water. Set aside for serving.
Make the jicama-citrus salad
- Peel the orange by hand.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Stir the cashew-lime glaze and water.
- Spoon the cashew-lime sauce over the chicken.