In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Red lentil and leek pot pie with chickpea crust
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean, Vegan, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
After minimal prep, let this vegetarian, gluten-free, and clean-eating take on pot pie bake in the oven while you kick back with a glass of wine and a good book.
In your bag
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Chickpea crust blend (chickpea flour - rice flour)
- 1 leek
- ¼ pound cremini mushrooms
- ½ cup red lentils
- ¾ cup mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- Pot pie seasoning blend (chickpea flour - onion powder - granulated garlic - turmeric)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup peas
- 1½ teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 2 sheets parchment paper
Calories 590, Total Fat 24g (31% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 610mg (27% DV), Total Carb. 65g (24% DV), Fiber 13g (46% DV), Total Sugars 11g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 21g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Make the pie dough
- Fill a measuring cup with about ½ cup ice water (you only will need 2 tablespoons).
- Strip the thyme leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for the filling.
While the pie dough chills, prepare the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables; cook the filling
- Trim the root end from the leek; cut the leek in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons. Rinse well and pat dry.
- Coarsely chop the mushrooms.
Add the vegetable broth, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are just tender and the sauce is slightly thickened, 6 to 8 minutes (the lentils will still be firm but will continue cooking in the oven). Remove from the heat. Stir in the peas and sherry vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
While the filling cooks, roll out the pie dough.
Roll out the pie dough
- Divide the rice flour in half.
Assemble and bake the pot pie