In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Red lentil–carrot soup with arugula and toasted naan
Family-Friendly, Soy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Vegetarian, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 630 Calories/Serving
Embrace gojii berries, a good-for-you garnish for this marvelously warming plant-based soup served with toasted naan.
In your bag
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 1 or 2 organic carrots (about 6 ounces total)
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- ¾ cup red lentils
- 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
- Sunbasket cinnamon spice blend (garam marsala - granulated garlic - cinnamon)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 whole grain naan
- ½ cup organic Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon sumac
Calories 630, Total Fat 19g (29% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 5mg (2% DV), Sodium 550mg (23% DV), Total Carb. 88g (29% DV), Fiber 13g (52% DV), Total Sugars 15g (Incl. 2g Added Sugars, 4% DV), Protein 31g
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Soak the goji berries
While the berries soak, prepare the vegetables and start the soup.
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots.
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Rinse the lentils.
- Set aside about two-thirds of the arugula for the soup; save the rest for garnish.
Cook the soup
Add the lentils, vegetable broth, two-thirds of the arugula, and 3 cups [5 cups] water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until the lentils are tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
When the soup is almost done, prepare the naan.
Toast the naan
- Scrub the carrots.
- Measure the ginger.
- Divide the arugula.
- Measure the water for the soup.
- Garnish the soup.