In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Red lentil dal with mint rice, yogurt, and naan
2 Servings, 770 Calories/Serving
Dal, the classic Indian comfort food, is only as good as the spice blend that seasons it. Here, Chef Justine combines zesty ground ginger and mustard seeds with earthy cumin and turmeric. A refreshing dill and tomato salsa, plus a minty blend of basmati and quinoa, and chewy naan, all help round out the feast.
In your bag
- 1 to 2 shallots
- Fresh mint
- Rice-quinoa blend (basmati rice - red quinoa)
- 1 teaspoon baharat
- Dal spice blend (curry powder - mustard seeds - turmeric - cumin seeds - ground ginger)
- ¾ cup red lentils
- 5 ounces cherry tomatoes
- Fresh dill
- 1 lime
- 1 naan bread
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
Calories 770, Total Fat 14g (22% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 5mg (2% DV), Sodium 690mg (29% DV), Total Carb. 129g (43% DV), Fiber 18g (72% DV), Protein 36g
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Wash produce before use
Make the rice
- Peel and thinly slice the shallot.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Pour in 1½ cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the grains are tender and the water is absorbed, 18 to 20 minutes. Fluff with fork and stir in the mint. Keep covered until ready to serve. While the rice and quinoa cook, start the dal.
Make the dal
Add the lentils and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the lentils are soft, most of the water is absorbed, and the dal is thickened, 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and season with salt to taste. While the dal cooks, prepare the salsa.
Make the cherry-tomato salsa
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Finely chop the dill.
- Juice half the lime; cut half into wedges.
Toast the naan