In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Red pepper and onion strata with roasted Brussels sprouts
Mediterranean, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Vegetarian, Family-Friendly, Diabetes-Friendly
2 Servings, 530 Calories/Serving
This vegetable-rich savory bread pudding nods to India with the additions of coconut milk, naan, and a warm spice blend.
In your bag
- 1 pound organic Brussels sprouts
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 2 whole grain naan
- 6 ounces roasted red peppers
- 1 organic red onion
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 4 organic eggs
- 1½ tablespoons diced mild green chiles
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Sun Basket strata spice blend (ground turmeric - coriander - cumin - garam masala)
Calories: 530, Protein: 25g (50% DV), Fiber: 16g (64% DV), Total Fat: 21g (32% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 310mg (103% DV), Sodium: 560mg (23% DV), Carbohydrates: 64g (21% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: 2g (4% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Tree Nuts (coconut), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the Brussels sprouts
- Cut the Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
Prep the strata
- Cut or tear the naan into 1-inch pieces.
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; cut the peppers into 1-inch-wide strips.
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Using a fork or whisk, lightly beat until just blended.
- Lightly grease a loaf pan with butter or oil.
Cook the Brussels sprouts and strata
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Toss the Brussels sprouts with oil and seasonings.
- Tear the flatbreads.
- Measure the onion.
- Grease the loaf pan.