In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Red, white, and green chilaquiles with fried eggs
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 710 Calories/Serving
With our salsa roja, lime-yogurt topping, and mild green chiles, these chilaquiles form a delicious culinary tribute to the colors of the Mexican flag.
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- Sunbasket tomatillo simmer sauce (tomatillos - green tomatoes - green chile peppers - onions - scallions - cilantro - pumpkin seeds - garlic - sesame seeds)
- 5 ounces tortilla chips
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup organic Greek yogurt
- 4 organic eggs
- ¼ cup Mexican cheese blend (Monterey Jack - sharp cheddar - queso blanco - asadero)
- Sunbasket salsa roja (fire-roasted tomatoes - lime juice - onion
Nutrition per serving
Calories 710, Total Fat 39g (50% DV), Sat. Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 320mg (107% DV), Sodium 940mg (41% DV), Total Carb. 70g (25% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 24g
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Sesame
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the chilaquiles
- Peel and coarsely chop the entire onion; then finely chop enough to measure ¼ cup [½ cup] and set aside for garnish.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the coarsely chopped onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the tomatillo simmer sauce and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Add the tortilla chips and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, prepare the lime yogurt and cilantro.
Make the lime yogurt; prep the cilantro
- Zest and juice the lime, keeping the zest and juice separate. [Zest and juice 1 lime; save the remaining lime for another use.]
- Coarsely chop the cilantro for garnish.
In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, lime zest, and 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] lime juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Fry the eggs
In a medium frying pan over medium heat, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons butter or oil (from your pantry) until hot but not smoking. Crack the eggs directly into the pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the whites have set and the yolks are slightly runny, 2 to 3 minutes. If you prefer firmer yolks, cook for 1 to 2 minutes longer.
Transfer the chilaquiles to individual plates. Top with the eggs and sprinkle with the Mexican cheese blend. Garnish with the salsa roja, lime yogurt, cilantro, and finely chopped onion and serve.
- Measure the onion.
- Juice the lime.
- Stir the lime yogurt.
- Garnish the chilaquiles.