In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Reuben-style tempeh sandwiches with carrot fries
Vegan, Dairy-Free, Family-Friendly
2 Servings, 800 Calories/Serving
Who needs a diner when you can make a tasty Reuben-style sandwich at home? In 20 minutes or less, this vegan spin on a classic is ready fast.
In your bag
- 1 organic lemon
- 2 ounces organic shredded Savoy or other cabbage
- 3 organic carrots
- ½ pound tempeh
- Sun Basket Reuben seasoning (maple syrup - gluten-free tamari - sweet smoked paprika - cumin - cayenne)
- 1 organic avocado
- 2 vegan whole wheat buns
Calories: 800, Protein: 38g (76% DV), Fiber: 34g (136% DV), Total Fat: 30g (46% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 930mg (39% DV), Carbohydrates: 105g (35% DV), Total Sugars: 20g, Added Sugars: (buns contain organic molasses, organic brown sugar, and organic barley malt): 8g (16% DV).
Contains: Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the quick “sauerkraut”
- Juice the lemon. [Juice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon.]
Prep and cook the carrot fries
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots lengthwise into quarters, then crosswise into 3-inch lengths.
While the carrot fries roast, prepare the tempeh.
Prep and cook the tempeh
- Cut the tempeh in half crosswise to form 2 squares. Then stand the tempeh squares up and cut in half to form a total of 4 thin squares.
While the tempeh cooks, prepare the avocado and heat the buns.
Prep the avocado; toast the buns
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Juice the lemon.
- Massage the cabbage.
- Scoop out the avocado.
- Help assemble the sandwiches.