In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Ricotta cavatelli with sausage, porcini, and pine nuts
2 Servings, 810 Calories/Serving
You’re sure to want seconds of this 15-minute meal, made delicious and easy with Talluto’s tiny ricotta cavatelli shells and our custom vegan “cheese” blend.
In your bag
- 7 ounces fresh cavatelli
- ½ ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- ½ pound fresh loose mild Italian pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sunbasket vegan “cheese” blend (almond milk - cashew butter - granulated garlic - nutritional yeast - kosher salt - onion powder)
- 3 ounces organic mixed greens or other leafy greens
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
Calories 810, Total Fat 47g (60% DV), Sat. Fat 11g (55% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 70mg (23% DV), Sodium 1250mg (54% DV), Total Carb. 68g (25% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 1g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 36g
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Tree Nuts (almond, cashew, pine nut), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Soak the mushrooms
- In a small bowl, soak the porcini mushrooms in 1 cup [2 cups] very hot tap water until softened, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the mushrooms, reserving the soaking liquid. Thinly slice the mushrooms.
Prep and cook the sausage
- Cut a small corner from the sausage packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
While the sausage cooks, cook the cavatelli.
Cook the cavatelli; finish the dish
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
To the pan with the sausage, stir in the mushrooms, reserved soaking liquid, and vegan “cheese” blend, season with salt and pepper, and cook until the sauce is thickened slightly, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the cavatelli and mixed greens. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Separate the cavatelli.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Time the cavatelli
- Garnish with the parsley.