Ricotta-stuffed chicken breasts with tomato panzanella
Ricotta makes chicken breasts even more succulent when it’s slipped beneath their skins before roasting. As a counterweight to the richness, Chef Justine serves the chicken with a refreshing panzanella, or Tuscan bread salad, of toasted ciabatta, cherry tomatoes, and basil.
- 1 La Brea Bakery ciabatta roll
- 1 lemon
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves
- Fresh rosemary
- 1/3 cup fresh ricotta
- Two 6-ounce boneless skin-on chicken breasts
- 6 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1 to 2 shallots
- Fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
Toast the bread
- Tear the ciabatta roll into 1- to 2-inch pieces.
Make the ricotta filling
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate.
- Finely chop the garlic.
- Strip the rosemary leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Stuff and cook the chicken
Make the panzanella
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots crosswise; separate the slices into rings.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; tear the leaves into rough pieces.
In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice, vinegar, and 2 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the dressing to the ciabatta mixture and toss until well combined. Let the panzanella stand until the chicken is ready, or at least 5 minutes before serving, so the ciabatta soaks up some of the juices.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 630, Protein: 49 g, Total Fat: 28 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 15.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5 g, Saturated Fat: 7 g, Cholesterol: 120 mg, Carbohydrates: 46 g, Fiber: 3 g, Added Sugar: 1 g, Sodium: 660 mg
Contains: wheat, milk