In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Zesty rigatoni with Brussels sprouts, hazelnuts, and lemon
Mediterranean, Family-Friendly, Soy-Free, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 790 Calories/Serving
Crunchy hazelnuts, creamy ricotta, and bright lemon zest round out Brussels sprouts in this crowd-pleasing vegetarian pasta supper.
In your bag
- 5 ounces rigatoni
- 1 or 2 leeks (about ½ pound total)
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 10 ounces Brussels sprouts
- ½ cup roasted hazelnuts
- 1 lemon
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley or other leafy herb such as basil
- ½ cup fresh ricotta
Calories: 790, Protein: 30g (60% DV), Fiber: 15g (60% DV), Total Fat: 36g (55% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 23g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 20mg (7% DV), Sodium: 125mg (5% DV), Carbohydrates: 96g (32% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rigatoni
While the water heats and the rigatoni cooks, prepare the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables
- Trim the root ends from the leeks; cut the leeks in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons, enough to measure 1½ cups [3 cups]. Soak the half-moons in a medium bowl of cold water, stirring occasionally to loosen any dirt, and allow the dirt to settle at the bottom. Skim the leeks from the surface of the water and pat dry.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Trim the stem ends from the Brussels sprouts; cut the sprouts into quarters.
Cook the vegetables
While the vegetables cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the pasta
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the hazelnuts.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate.
- Strip enough thyme leaves from the stems to measure ½ teaspoon [1 tsp]. Save any remaining thyme for another use.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Time the rigatoni.
- Soak the leeks.
- Crush the hazelnuts.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the thyme and parsley leaves.