In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Rigatoni with orange, broccoli rabe, and ricotta
2 Servings, 680 Calories/Serving
With broccoli rabe, fresh ricotta, and citrus, this vegetarian dish celebrates the flavors of Sicily, while the leafy greens offer a powerful dose of vitamins and minerals.
In your bag
- 5 ounces rigatoni
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 bunch organic broccoli rabe (about ¾ pound)
- 2 sprigs organic fresh thyme
- 1 organic orange
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ teaspoon piment d’Espelette (optional)
- ½ cup fresh ricotta
Calories 680, Total Fat 33g (42% DV), Sat. Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 35mg (12% DV), Sodium 130mg (6% DV), Total Carb. 81g (29% DV), Fiber 13g (46% DV), Total Sugars 16g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 23g
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts (walnut), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rigatoni
Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add the rigatoni and cook until just tender, 11 to 12 minutes. Drain the rigatoni, reserving ¾ cup [1½ cups] pasta cooking water. Return the rigatoni to the pot and toss with 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil. While the water is heating and the rigatoni is cooking, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Trim the root ends from the broccoli rabe; cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Strip the thyme leaves from the stems.
- Zest the orange. Using your hands or a sharp knife, peel the orange. Cut the fruit crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices or see Chef’s Tip on supreming. Discard any seeds.
- Coarsely chop the walnuts.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
Cook the vegetables; start the sauce
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the broccoli rabe and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Add the thyme, rigatoni, and ⅔ cup [1⅓ cups] reserved pasta cooking water and bring to a boil. Stir in the orange zest, walnuts, half the parsley, and as much piment d’Espelette as you like and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
Finish the pasta
Remove the pan from the heat and add the ricotta, stirring until a smooth sauce forms; add more pasta cooking water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the desired consistency is reached. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the rigatoni to individual bowls and garnish with the orange and remaining parsley. Serve any remaining piment d’Espelette on the side.
- Time the rigatoni.
- Measure the onion.
- Strip the thyme and parsley leaves.
- Peel the zested orange.
- Garnish with the parsley.