In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sicilian rigatoni with orange segments and roasted cauliflower
Soy-Free, Vegetarian, Family-Friendly
2 Servings, 660 Calories/Serving
With roasted cauliflower, fresh ricotta, and citrus, this vegetarian pasta celebrates the exciting flavors of Sicily: sweet, savory, tangy, and nicely spicy.
In your bag
- 5 ounces rigatoni
- 1 organic red onion
- ½ pound organic cauliflower florets
- 1 organic orange
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 sprigs organic fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons currants
- ½ teaspoon piment d’Espelette (optional)
- ⅓ cup fresh ricotta
Calories: 660, Protein: 18g (36% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 30g (46% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 25mg (8% DV), Sodium: 85mg (4% DV), Carbohydrates: 87g (29% DV), Total Sugars: 22g, Added Sugar: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts (walnut), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rigatoni
Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add the rigatoni and cook until just tender, 11 to 12 minutes. Drain, reserving ¼ cup [½ cup] pasta cooking water. Return the rigatoni to the pot and toss with 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil. Meanwhile, prepare the onion and cauliflower.
Prep and roast the onion and cauliflower
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Zest the orange. Using your hands or a sharp knife, peel the orange. Working over a medium bowl, cut along both sides of each membrane to release the segments into the bowl. Alternatively, peel and cut the fruit crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices. Discard any seeds.
- Coarsely chop the walnuts.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Strip the thyme leaves from the stems.
Finish the rigatoni
- Time the rigatoni.
- Measure the onion.
- Toss the cauliflower and onion with oil and seasonings.
- Peel the zested orange.
- Strip the parsley and thyme leaves.