Gluten-free penne with white beans, tomatoes, and kale
Vegetarian, Soy Free, Gluten Free, Low Calorie
The secret to great pasta (both with gluten and without) is in the water. Salt it generously so that the noodles have plenty of flavor. Once the noodles are cooked, add some of the starch-enriched pasta cooking water to the sauce to give it an even creamier texture and a rich, round flavor.
- 5 ounces gluten-free penne (contains quinoa and rice flour)
- 1 red onion
- Peeled fresh garlic
- 1 small bunch kale
- 5 ounces white beans
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon Aleppo chile flakes (optional)
- 1½ ounces crumbled goat cheese
Cook the penne
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and coarsely chop the red onion.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1½ teaspoons.
- Strip the kale leaves from their stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Rinse the beans.
Cook the vegetables
Chef's Tip To get dinner to the table even more quickly, in Step 2, start cooking the red onion and garlic while you prep the kale and beans.
Nutrition per serving: Calories 550, Protein: 22 g, Total Fat: 19 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 7 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g, Saturated Fat: 6 g, Cholesterol: 20 mg, Carbohydrates: 74 g, Fiber: 10 g, Added Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 390 mg