In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Gluten-free penne with white beans, tomatoes, and kale
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Vegetarian, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 550 Calories/Serving
The secret to great pasta (both with gluten and without) is in the water. Salt it generously so that the noodles have plenty of flavor. Once the noodles are cooked, add some of the starch-enriched pasta cooking water to the sauce to give it an even creamier texture and a rich, round flavor.
In your bag
- 5 ounces gluten-free penne (contains quinoa and rice flour)
- 1 red onion
- Peeled fresh garlic
- 1 small bunch kale
- 5 ounces white beans
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon Aleppo chile flakes (optional)
- 1½ ounces crumbled goat cheese
Calories 22, Total Fat 19g (24% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 20mg (7% DV), Sodium 390mg (17% DV), Total Carb. 74g (27% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV)
Wash produce before use
Cook the penne
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and coarsely chop the red onion.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1½ teaspoons.
- Strip the kale leaves from their stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Rinse the beans.
Cook the vegetables
Chef's Tip To get dinner to the table even more quickly, in Step 2, start cooking the red onion and garlic while you prep the kale and beans.