In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Roasted chicken and root vegetables with Catalan salbitxada sauce
Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Gluten-Free, Mediterranean, Family-Friendly, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
A traditional Catalan sauce, salbitxada is a phenomenal blend of red peppers, almonds, garlic, and tomatoes and makes an amazing pairing with rosemary-roasted chicken.
In your bag
- 2 organic parsnips
- 3 organic carrots
- 2 sprigs organic fresh rosemary
- Chicken options:
- 2 organic boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 to 4 organic boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- ½ cup roasted red peppers
- ¼ cup dry-roasted Marcona almonds
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Calories: 590, Protein: 34g (68% DV), Fiber: 14g (56% DV), Total Fat: 26g (40% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 8g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV), Sodium: 340mg (14% DV), Carbohydrates: 60g (20% DV), Total Sugars: 20g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the parsnips and carrots
Heat the oven to 450°F.
- Scrub or peel the parsnips and carrots and trim the ends; cut the vegetables in half lengthwise, then on the diagonal into 2-inch lengths.
On one end of a sheet pan [on 1 sheet pan], toss the parsnips and carrots with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil; season with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer.
Prep the chicken
- Strip the rosemary leaves from the stems and coarsely chop enough to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp]. Save any remaining rosemary for another use.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; rub with the rosemary and season generously with salt and pepper.
On the other end of the sheet pan [on a 2nd sheet pan], place the chicken.
Roast the vegetables and chicken
Roast the vegetables and chicken, stirring the vegetables and turning the chicken halfway through, until the vegetables are tender and starting to brown and the chicken is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the salbitxada sauce.
Make the salbitxada sauce
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; finely chop the peppers.
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
In a small bowl, stir together the red peppers, almonds, garlic, tomatoes, red wine vinegar, and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the chicken, parsnips, and carrots to individual plates. Top the chicken with the salbitxada sauce, garnish with the parsley, and serve.
- Scrub the parsnips and carrots.
- Toss the vegetables with oil and season.
- Strip the rosemary and parsley leaves.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Stir the salbitxada sauce.