In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Catalan roasted chicken and root vegetables with salbitxada sauce
Paleo, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 720 Calories/Serving
A traditional Catalan sauce, salbitxada is a robust blend of tomatoes, red peppers, almonds, and garlic and makes an amazing pairing with paleo rosemary-roasted chicken.
In your bag
- 3 or 4 parsnips (about 1 pound total)
- 2 or 3 carrots (about ½ pound total)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 boneless skin-on chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- ½ cup roasted red peppers
- ¼ cup Marcona almonds
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
If you have a food processor, in Step 4, coarsely chop the almonds but skip the remaining prep steps. Pulse the garlic cloves in the machine a few times until coarsely chopped, then add all the remaining ingredients except the almonds. Pulse until a chunky sauce forms. Transfer the sauce to a bowl, stir in the chopped almonds, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Calories: 720, Protein: 46g (92% DV), Fiber: 15g (60% DV), Total Fat: 32g (49% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 105mg (35% DV), Sodium: 200mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates: 64g (21% DV), Total Sugars: 21g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the parsnips and carrots
- Scrub or peel the parsnips and carrots and trim off the ends; cut the vegetables in half lengthwise, then into 2-inch lengths on the diagonal.
Prep the chicken
- Strip the rosemary leaves from the stems; coarsely chop enough leaves to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; rub with the rosemary, tucking some of the leaves under the skin. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Roast the vegetables and chicken
While the vegetables and chicken roast, prepare the salbitxada sauce.
Make the salbitxada sauce
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; finely chop the peppers.
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
Prep the parsley garnish