In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Roast chicken breasts with eggplant-melon salad
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
The combination of eggplant and melon may sound unusual, but we promise you’re in for a treat. The sweet, crisp canteloupe melon is a perfect foil for the mellow, tender, roasted eggplant. Fresh mint, briny black olives, and balsamic vinegar deliver the bright, tart notes that make the flavors shine.
In your bag
- 1 pound Chinese eggplant
- Two 6-ounce boneless chicken breasts
- ½ cantaloupe
- Fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 ounce pitted oil-cured black olives
- 1 teaspoon sumac
Calories 540, Total Fat 29g (37% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 95mg (32% DV), Sodium 590mg (26% DV), Total Carb. 29g (11% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Protein 38g
Wash produce before use
Roast the eggplant and the chicken
- Remove the stem and cut the eggplant on a diagonal into ½-inch-thick slices. In a colander, generously sprinkle the eggplant slices all over with salt. Let stand for 5 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Season all over with salt, pepper, then rub lightly with olive oil.
Make the eggplant-melon salad
- Cut the rind off the canteloupe, cut the flesh into quarters, then into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Pick and coarsely chop the mint leaves; discard the stems.
In a mixing bowl, combine the cantaloupe, eggplant, olives, and mint. Add as much balsamic vinaigrette as you like and toss to coat.