In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Roast chicken with caramelized orange and roasted winter vegetables
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Paleo
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
A sweet-and-sour glaze of maple syrup, allspice and apple cider vinegar adds a boost of flavor to the orange in this festive winter dish. While roasting the chicken and vegetables at the same time is what make this a quick recipe with minimal cleanup, the chicken should cook faster than the vegetables, so be sure to remove it first from the oven.
In your bag
- 2 oranges
- ¼ cup glaze base (maple syrup - apple cider vinegar - allspice)
- 2-3 rainbow carrots
- 1-2 sunchokes
- 2 chicken breasts
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- teaspoons whole coriander seeds
Calories: 600, Protein: 40 g, Fiber: 10 g, Total Fat: 16 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 10.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.0 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, Cholesterol: 95 mg, Sodium: 660 mg, Carbohydrates: 76 g, Added Sugar: 18 g.
Wash produce before use
Cook the glaze
- Zest and juice 1 orange over a small bowl.
Prep the vegetables and the remaining orange
- Wash and scrub the carrots and sunchokes and cut both into ½-inch rounds. Toss the vegetables in 2 tablespoon oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Peel the remaining orange and slice into ½-inch rounds. Toss the rounds in 2 tablespoons of the reduced glaze and set aside.
Cook the chicken and vegetables
- Rub both sides of the chicken with the remaining glaze and season with salt and pepper.
While the chicken and vegetables cook, toast the coriander and the orange rounds.
Toast the coriander seeds and fry the orange rounds
- Chop the parsley leaves.
In the same pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon oil until hot but not smoking. Gently add the orange rounds. Cook the rounds until slightly charred and caramelized, about 1 minute each side. Toss with the toasted coriander seeds and parsley.
Finish the dish and serve