In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Roast chicken with heirloom eggplant and melon salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Paleo
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
The combination of eggplant and melon is unusual, but we promise you’re in for a treat. The sweet, crisp melon is a perfect foil for the mellow, tender roasted eggplant. Fresh mint and balsamic vinegar bring the flavors into balance and turn this into a salad you’ll want to make again.
In your bag
- Two boneless-skin-on chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1 pound heirloom eggplants
- Small bunch fresh mint
- ½ cantaloupe
- ½ ounce pitted dry-cured black olives
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Wash produce before use
While the chicken sears:
- Cut eggplant in ½-inch diagonal slices. In a colander, toss eggplant slices with a generous dose of salt and let stand to extract some of the water.
- Rinse and dry the mint. Pick the leaves from the stems.
Roast chicken, eggplant
Make cantaloupe salad