In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Roasted chicken breasts with sautéed kale and apples
Dairy-Free, Paleo, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 740 Calories/Serving
Kale may be available year-round, but its official season runs from late summer to December. It tastes the sweetest starting now, after the first autumn frosts persuade the plant to muster more sugars to survive the cold. But even at its freshest, it can taste bitter to some. In Chef Justine’s side dish for chicken, sautéed apples, another fall favorite, help sweeten it up.
In your bag
- ¼ cup cashews
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- Two 6-ounce boneless skin-on chicken breasts
- 1 to 2 shallots
- 1 to 2 apples
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 lemon
Calories: 740, Protein: 47 g, Fiber: 9 g, Total Fat: 35 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 19.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5.5 g, Saturated Fat: 6 g, Cholesterol: 105 mg, Sodium: 400 mg, Carbohydrates: 66 g, Added Sugars: 12 g.
Contains: Tree Nuts
Wash produce before use
Roast the black sesame-crusted cashews
Lightly oil a sheet pan. In a bowl, combine the cashews, maple syrup, and sesame seeds; stir to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Spread the mixture in an even layer on the prepared sheet pan. Roast until the cashews are fragrant and lightly browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool. Break up any clusters.
While the cashews toast, prepare the chicken.
Cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken breasts dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken roasts, prepare the kale and apples.
Prep and cook the kale and apples
- Peel and finely chop the shallot.
- Cut the apples in half; remove the core, then cut the fruit into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Strip the kale leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
While the kale cooks, prepare the dressing.
Make the parsley-lemon dressing
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems: coarsely chop the leaves.
- Zest and juice the lemon.