In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pork chops with pears, kale, and maple-shallot jam
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 530 Calories/Serving
A quick jam of shallots, maple syrup, fresh pear, and apple cider vinegar casts an autumnal spell on pork chops, making this lean cut magically rich.
In your bag
- 2 to 4 organic shallots
- 2 organic Bosc or other pears
- 2 sprigs organic fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1½ teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 bunch organic Red Russian or other kale (about ½ pound)
Nutrition per serving
Calories 530, Total Fat 20g (26% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 105mg (35% DV), Sodium 160mg (7% DV), Total Carb. 41g (15% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 25g (Incl. 6g Added Sugars, 12% DV), Protein 45g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the maple-shallot jam
- Peel and thinly slice enough shallots to measure ⅔ cup [1⅓ cups].
- Cut the pears lengthwise into quarters and cut away the core; cut each quarter lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices, then crosswise into ½-inch cubes. Set aside half for the kale.
- Strip enough thyme leaves from the stems to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp]. Save any remaining thyme for another use.
While the jam cooks, prepare the pork.
Prep and cook the pork
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
While the pork cooks, prepare the kale.
Prep the kale; cook the pear and kale
- Strip the kale leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Measure the shallots.
- Strip and measure the thyme leaves.
- Measure the water for the jam.
- Strip the kale leaves.