In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Roasted barramundi and carrots with broccoli rabe and citrus bagna càuda
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Pescatarian, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 480 Calories/Serving
Roasting is an easy way to highlight an ingredient’s true nature. In this Mediterranean dish, the carrots get sweeter, the fish gets richer, and the mushrooms get umami-er.
In your bag
- 2 organic carrots
- 1 bunch organic broccoli rabe (about ¾ pound)
- 3 organic scallions
- 3½ ounces organic beech or other specialty mushrooms
- Fish options:
- 2 sustainably raised skin-on barramundi fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 wild Pacific skin-on king salmon fillet (about 10 ounces)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic orange
- Sunbasket bagna càuda sauce base (extra virgin olive oil - anchovy paste - garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)
- Sunbasket lemon vinaigrette base (lemon juice - onion - garlic - Dijon mustard - porcini powder)
Calories 480, Total Fat 25g (32% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 70mg (23% DV), Sodium 470mg (20% DV), Total Carb. 33g (12% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 5g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 35g
Contains: Fish (anchovy)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and start roasting the carrots
Heat the oven to 425°F.
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
On a sheet pan, drizzle the carrots with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil; season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Spread in an even layer and roast until the carrots are lightly browned and starting to soften, 8 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the broccoli rabe.
Prep and cook the broccoli rabe
Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil for the broccoli rabe.
- Trim the root ends and any thick stalks from the broccoli rabe; cut the broccoli rabe crosswise into ½-inch pieces, keeping the tender leaves intact.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
To the pot of boiling water, add the broccoli rabe and cook until bright green and crisp-tender, about 1 minute. Drain and wipe out the pot.
In the same pot over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the broccoli rabe and white parts of the scallions, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat, season to taste with salt and pepper, and cover to keep warm. While the broccoli rabe and scallions are cooking, prepare the mushrooms and fish.
Roast the vegetables and fish
- Trim the stem ends from the beech mushrooms; separate the mushrooms into small bunches.
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel (if using king salmon, cut in half crosswise); rub the fish all over with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil and season lightly with salt and pepper.
Remove the pan with the carrots from the oven. Add the mushrooms to the carrots and toss together, then move them to one end of the pan [spread in an even layer]. Place the fish (skin side down for the barramundi or king salmon) on the other end of the pan [on a 2nd sheet pan].
Roast, stirring the vegetables once halfway through, until the carrots are tender, the mushrooms are crisp, and the fish is opaque and flaky, 10 to 12 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the citrus bagna càuda.
Make the citrus bagna càuda
- Zest and juice the orange, keeping the zest and juice separate. [Zest and juice 1 orange; save the remaining orange for another use.]
In a small bowl, stir together the bagna càuda sauce base, lemon vinaigrette base, orange zest, and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] orange juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the carrots, mushrooms, and broccoli rabe to individual plates and top with the fish. Drizzle the dish with the citrus bagna càuda, garnish with the green parts of the scallions, and serve.
- Drizzle the carrots with oil and season.
- Separate the white and green parts of the scallions.
- Juice the orange.
- Stir the citrus bagna cauda.
- Drizzle the bagna cauda; garnish with the scallions.