In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Roasted barramundi and romanesco over lemon-tahini soba noodles
Dairy-Free, Pescatarian, Spicy, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 810 Calories/Serving
Dig into soba noodles brightened with lemon and tahini; roasted romanesco and barramundi marinated in ginger, honey, and five spice powder; and garlicky sesame seeds for a satisfying crunch.
In your bag
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- Seafood options:
- 2 sustainably raised skin-on barramundi fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild skinless yellowfin tuna steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- Sunbasket lo soi base (gluten-free tamari - honey - fish sauce - five-spice powder)
- 1 head organic romanesco
- 5 ounces dried soba noodles
- Sunbasket lemon-tahini dressing (lemon juice - tahini - garlic - orange juice - Marash chile flakes)
- 3 organic scallions
- Sunbasket garlicky sesame seed blend (black sesame seeds - toasted garlic - white sesame seeds - Aleppo chile flakes)
Calories 810, Total Fat 27g (35% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 65mg (22% DV), Sodium 1260mg (55% DV), Total Carb. 97g (35% DV), Fiber 15g (54% DV), Total Sugars 19g (Incl. 4g Added Sugars, 8% DV), Protein 51g
Contains: Fish (anchovy), Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Marinate the seafood
Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Grate or peel and finely chop the ginger.
- Finely chop, press, or grate the garlic.
- Pat the seafood dry with a paper towel (if using shrimp or scallops, rinse and drain, then pat dry); season the seafood lightly with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, stir together the lo soi base, ginger, and garlic. Add the seafood and toss to coat. Let stand while you prepare the romanesco and the soba noodles.
Prep and roast the romanesco
Bring a medium sauce pot of water to a boil for the soba noodles.
- Cut the romanesco into 1-inch florets, discarding any leaves or thick stalks.
On a sheet pan, toss the romanesco with 1 to 2 tablespoons oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Spread in an even layer and roast, stirring halfway through, until the romanesco is tender and lightly browned, 16 to 20 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the soba noodles and the seafood.
Cook the soba noodles
To the pot of boiling water, add the soba noodles and cook until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Return to the pot, add the lemon-tahini dressing, and toss to coat; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Prep the garnish; cook the seafood
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions for garnish.
On a 2nd sheet pan, place the seafood (skin side down for the barramundi). Drizzle 1 to 2 teaspoons marinade from the bowl over the seafood. Roast until the tuna is lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes for medium; the shrimp or scallops are firm and opaque, 3 to 5 minutes; or the barramundi is opaque and flaky, 10 to 12 minutes.
Transfer the soba noodles to individual bowls and top with the romanesco and seafood. Garnish with the scallions and as much garlicky sesame seed blend as you like and serve any remaining blend on the side.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Fill a sauce pot with water for the noodles.
- Toss the romanesco with oil and season.
- Toss the noodles with the lemon-tahini dressing.
- Garnish with the scallions.