In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Roasted carrots and fennel with lentils, lemon yogurt, and tamarind chutney
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Vegetarian, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 560 Calories/Serving
Carrots, fennel, and onions roast away in the oven before meeting up with a hearty lentils, two different chutneys, and crunchy almonds in this tasty vegetarian meal.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 or 2 organic carrots (about 6 ounces total)
- 1 organic fennel bulb
- 1 organic d’Anjou or other pear
- 1 organic lemon
- 1½ ounces organic arugula or other leafy greens
- ½ pound cooked green lentils
- Sunbasket lemon yogurt (Greek yogurt - lemon juice)
- ¼ cup cilantro chutney
- ¼ cup tamarind chutney
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
Calories 560, Total Fat 21g (27% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 3mg (1% DV), Sodium 920mg (40% DV), Total Carb. 84g (31% DV), Fiber 22g (79% DV), Total Sugars 42g (Incl. 16g Added Sugars, 32% DV), Protein 17g
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt " + "per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility " + "that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, " + "Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the vegetables
Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion.
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots on the diagonal into 1-inch-thick slices.
- Cut the fennel lengthwise into quarters and cut away the core; thinly slice the quarters lengthwise.
On a sheet pan, toss the onions, carrots, and fennel with 2 to 4 teaspoons oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread in an even layer and roast, turning once halfway through, until tender and lightly caramelized, 15 to 20 minutes.
While the vegetables are cooking, make the arugula salad and cook the lentils.
Make the arugula salad
- Peel the pear, if desired; core and cut into thin wedges.
- Zest and juice the lemon [both lemons], keeping the zest and juice separate. Set aside half the zest for the lemon yogurt.
In a large bowl, toss the arugula and pear with half the lemon zest, 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Cook the lentils; season the lemon yogurt
Place the lentils in a medium frying pan, cover, and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
In a medium bowl, combine the lemon yogurt with a pinch of salt and the remaining lemon zest.
Spread the lemon yogurt across individual serving plates, top with the lentils and roasted vegetables, and drizzle over the cilantro and tamarind chutneys. Sprinkle the almonds over the arugula salad and serve on the side.
- Toss and season the vegetables.
- Juice the lemon.
- Toss the arugula salad.
- Season and stir the yogurt.