In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Cauliflower and goat cheese gratin with arugula-almond salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 660 Calories/Serving
Cauliflower becomes an almost entirely different vegetable when it’s seared in a hot pan or roasted. At the risk of offending ordinary steamed cauliflower, we prefer it with its edges browned and caramelized; the interior tastes somehow more buttery. Those crisp edges are the key to this flavorful gratin. Be sure to let the finished dish rest before serving so that the flavors can meld.
In your bag
- 1 pound cauliflower
- 1 to 2 shallots
- Peeled fresh garlic
- Fresh thyme
- Gratin spice blend (cinnamon - coriander)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 pasture-raised organic egg
- 3 ounces baby arugula
- 2½ ounces goat cheese
- 1 ounce roasted almonds
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
Calories 660, Total Fat 51g (65% DV), Sat. Fat 13g (65% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 110mg (37% DV), Sodium 800mg (35% DV), Total Carb. 33g (12% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Protein 22g
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Tree Nuts
Wash produce before use
Prep the cauliflower
- Cut the cauliflower into florets.
Cook the tomatoes
- Peel and chop the shallot.
- Finely chop enough garlic to measure 1½ teaspoons.
- Strip the thyme leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Assemble the gratin
- Lightly butter or oil the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg and season with salt.
- Coarsely chop one-fourth of the arugula.
Make the salad
- Coarsely chop the almonds.