In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Roasted cauliflower tacos with avocado and pumpkin seeds
Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 770 Calories/Serving
For a gluten-free, vegan take on popular SoCal tacos, we use chickpea flour batter to create a crunchy coating on cauliflower that absorbs the flavor of our house-made diablo sauce.
In your bag
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- 1 head cauliflower (see Market Watch note)
- 1 lime
- 1 avocado
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- Sun Basket diablo sauce (tomatoes - olive oil - tomato paste - fresh garlic - salt - dried New Mexican chile - coriander - dried Mexican oregano)
- ¼ pound shredded green or red cabbage
- ¼ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
Calories: 770, Protein: 26g (52% DV), Fiber: 26g (104% DV), Total Fat: 40g (62% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 22g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 850mg (35% DV), Carbohydrates: 87g (29% DV), Total Sugars: 17g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the cauliflower
- Lightly oil a sheet pan with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil.
- In a medium [large] bowl, whisk or stir together the chickpea flour and ½ cup [1 cup] water. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Cut the cauliflower into large florets, discarding any leaves or thick stalks.
- Toss the cauliflower florets in the chickpea flour batter, coating all over.
While the cauliflower roasts, prepare the garnishes and heat the tortillas.
Prep the garnishes
- Cut the lime into wedges.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
Warm the tortillas
- Remove 6  tortillas from the package; save the rest for another use.
Finish the cauliflower
- In the same bowl used for the batter, add the diablo sauce.
- Stir the chickpea flour and water.
- Toss the cauliflower in the batter.
- Scoop out the avocado.
- Count the tortillas.
- Set out the taco ingredients.