In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Roasted diablo cauliflower tacos with avocado and pumpkin seeds
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Vegan, Spicy, No Added Sugar
2 Servings, 690 Calories/Serving
Cauliflower makes a delicious stand-in for rice, steak, and now taco filling. We love the way it holds onto the chickpea flour batter, creating a wonderfully crisp coating for our diablo dressing to stick to.
In your bag
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- 1 head organic cauliflower
- 1 organic lime
- 1 organic avocado
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- Sunbasket diablo dressing (water - tomatoes - extra virgin olive oil - tomato paste - garlic - kosher salt - dried New Mexican chiles - coriander - dried Mexican oregano)
- 2 ounces organic shredded green or other cabbage
- ¼ cup dry-roasted pumpkin seeds
Calories 690, Total Fat 36g (46% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 700mg (30% DV), Total Carb. 86g (31% DV), Fiber 21g (75% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 18g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the cauliflower
Heat the oven to 450°F.
- Lightly oil a sheet pan [2 sheet pans] with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil.
- In a large bowl, stir or whisk together the chickpea flour and ½ cup [1 cup] water. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Cut the cauliflower into large florets, discarding any leaves or thick stalks.
- Toss the cauliflower florets in the chickpea flour batter, coating all over.
Transfer the cauliflower to the prepared sheet pan, allowing any excess batter to drip back into the bowl. Spread the cauliflower in a single layer and roast without turning until lightly browned and crisp, 20 to 25 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the garnishes and heat the tortillas.
Prep the garnishes
- Cut the lime into wedges.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
Warm the tortillas
- Remove 6  tortillas from the package; save the rest for another use.
On the stovetop directly over a flame, or in a dry medium frying pan over medium heat, warm the tortillas, turning once, until just pliable and warmed through, about 30 seconds per side. Transfer to a clean kitchen towel, cover, and keep warm.
Finish the cauliflower
In a large bowl, combine the roasted cauliflower and diablo dressing and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Set out the tortillas, cauliflower, lime wedges, avocado, cilantro, cabbage, and pumpkin seeds. Invite everyone to assemble their own tacos.
- Stir the chickpea flour and water.
- Toss the cauliflower in the batter.
- Scoop out the avocado.
- Count the tortillas.
- Set out the taco ingredients.