Roast chicken breasts with spiced cauliflower and green romesco
Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
30 – 40 Minutes
Paprika-rubbed, oven-roasted cauliflower florets almost steal the spotlight in this paleo and gluten-free chicken dinner—almost.
- 1 head cauliflower
- ½ teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- Two 6-ounce boneless skin-on chicken breasts
- 3 scallions
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ⅓ cup Castelvetrano olives
- Sun Basket green romesco (cilantro - pumpkin seeds - green chiles - fresh garlic - olive oil - sherry vinegar - salt)
If you have any leftover romesco, serve it over your morning scramble or toss it with mixed greens to add a little zest to your lunch.
Prep the cauliflower
- Cut the cauliflower into 1-inch florets, discarding any leaves or thick stalks.
Roast the chicken and cauliflower
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken and cauliflower roast, prepare the scallions.
Prep and cook the scallions
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions into 1-inch lengths.
Finish the cauliflower
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Protein: 44g (88% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 41g (63% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 23g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 110mg (37% DV), Sodium: 1020mg (43% DV), Carbohydrates: 22g (7% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).