Roast chicken with spiced cauliflower and green romesco
Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free
30 - 40 Minutes
For this easy roast chicken dinner, Chef Justine takes the classic Spanish romesco, an incredibly flavorful sauce, and gives it a fun Southwest twist, swapping mild green chiles and pumpkin seeds for the traditional roasted red peppers and almonds. It’s so good, we’ve had customers say they want to drink it.
- 1 pound cauliflower
- 4 scallions
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- Two 6-ounce boneless skin-on chicken breasts
- ½ cup Castelvetrano olives
- Sun Basket green romesco (cilantro - pumpkin seeds - green chiles - fresh garlic - olive oil - sherry vinegar - salt)
Prep the vegetables
- Cut away the coarse stem and leaves from the cauliflower; cut the cauliflower into 1-inch florets.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions into 1-inch lengths.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Cook the chicken and cauliflower
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel and season generously with salt and pepper.
Transfer the chicken to one side of a sheet pan, reserving any drippings in the pan for the scallions. Spread the cauliflower in an even layer on the other side of the sheet pan. Roast until the chicken is cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes; transfer to a plate to rest. Continue roasting the cauliflower until browned and tender, 6 to 8 minutes longer.
While the chicken and cauliflower roast, finish the side dish.
Finish the side dish
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 670, Protein: 46 g, Total Fat: 46 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 23.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5 g, Saturated Fat: 7 g, Cholesterol: 105 mg, Carbohydrates: 21 g, Fiber: 9 g, Added Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 1180 mg