In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Roasted chicken breasts and fall vegetables with red pepper vinaigrette
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 430 Calories/Serving
Colorful foods are more than just good looks! In this nutritious sheet-pan meal, bright green Brussels sprouts and jewel-toned beets provide a rich source of vitamins and antioxidants.
In your bag
- 6 ounces organic golden or other beets
- ¼ pound organic Brussels sprouts
- 1 organic lemon
- Chicken options:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 to 4 organic boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- Sunbasket red pepper vinaigrette (extra virgin olive oil - roasted red peppers - red wine vinegar - Dijon mustard - kosher salt)
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo chile flakes (optional)
Calories 430, Total Fat 29g (37% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 80mg (27% DV), Sodium 440mg (19% DV), Total Carb. 16g (6% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 28g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Scrub or peel the beets; cut the beets in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Trim the ends from the Brussels sprouts. Cut the sprouts in half lengthwise; cut any large sprouts into quarters.
On one end of a sheet pan [on 1 sheet pan], toss the beets and Brussels sprouts with 1 to 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer.
Prep the chicken
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate. [Zest and juice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon for another use.]
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
On the other end of the sheet pan [on a second sheet pan], place the chicken. Drizzle the chicken with 1 to 2 tablespoons oil and sprinkle with the lemon zest and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon juice.
Roast the vegetables and chicken
Roast the vegetables and chicken, stirring the vegetables and turning the chicken halfway through, until the chicken is cooked through, 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate and continue roasting the vegetables until tender, 5 to 10 minutes longer. Transfer the vegetables to a large bowl, add the red pepper vinaigrette, and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the chicken and vegetables to individual plates, sprinkle with as much Aleppo chile as you like, and serve.
- Scrub the beets.
- Toss the vegetables with oil and season.
- Juice the lemon.
- Measure the lemon juice.
- Time the cooking.