Roasted chicken with braised romano beans and tomatoes
Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
Sturdy Romano beans take well to braising. They don’t fall apart the way a more delicate bean might and their flavor only gets better the longer they cook. We love their luxurious texture and the way they soak up all the savory flavors of the tomato-based stew.
- 2 “airline” chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cups Romano beans
- 2-3 Roma tomatoes
- 2 sprigs oregano
- 1-2 shallots
- ½ cup kalamata olives
- Small bunch parsley
- 1 ounce toasted whole almonds
- 1 lemon
Season & cook the chicken
While the chicken cooks, prepare the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables
- Mince the garlic.
- Trim the stems from the romano beans and cut the beans in half.
- Cut the tomatoes into 1-inch pieces.
- Strip the oregano leaves from the stems and chop the leaves.
Cook the romano beans & tomatoes
While the romano beans and tomatoes cook, make the relish.
Make the relish
- Peel the shallots and cut them into thin slices.
- Cut the kalamata olives in half.
- Pick the parsley leaves from the stems.
- Chop the almonds.
- Zest and juice half the lemon. Cut the remaining half into wedges.