In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Herbed chicken with sautéed asparagus and soft-cooked eggs
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
Eggs with just-set whites and runny, golden yolks create a perfect sauce for this simple and elegant asparagus and chicken paleo dinner.
In your bag
- 2 organic eggs
- 2 boneless skin-on chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sprigs organic fresh thyme
- 3 organic scallions
- 10 ounces organic asparagus
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
Calories 590, Total Fat 37g (47% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 280mg (93% DV), Sodium 260mg (11% DV), Total Carb. 11g (4% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 5g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 48g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the eggs
Prep the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
- Strip enough thyme leaves from the stems to measure ½ teaspoon [1 tsp]. Save any remaining thyme for another use.
Cook the chicken
While the chicken cooks, prepare the scallions and asparagus.
Prep and cook the scallions and asparagus
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Snap off the woody ends from the asparagus.
While the vegetables cook, prepare the mustard vinaigrette.
Make the vinaigrette
- Juice half the lemon; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lemon; cut 1 lemon into wedges.]
- Peel the eggs.
- Strip the thyme leaves.
- Snap the ends off the asparagus.
- Juice the lemon.
- Stir the vinaigrette.