Chicken with green olives, capers, and lemon
20 Minute Meal, Paleo, Gluten Free, Soy Free, Low Calorie
This easy supper inspired by the flavors of Italy, comes together in the time it takes to roast the chicken breasts. To finish the sauce in even less time, start cooking the shallots while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Two 6-ounce boneless chicken breasts
- 1 to 2 shallots
- 3 ounces Spanish green olives
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 lemon
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (optional)
- ½ pound baby spinach
Roast the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
Prep the sauce ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice the shallot.
- Coarsely chop the olives.
- Rinse the capers.
- Zest and juice the lemon.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems.
Cook the sauce and the spinach
Increase the heat to medium-high. Add the spinach and cook, stirring occasionally, until the spinach is wilted and the liquid has reduced slightly, 2 to 3 minutes.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 580, Protein: 40 g, Total Fat: 37 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 22 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4 g, Saturated Fat: 6 g, Cholesterol: 100 mg, Carbohydrates: 25 g, Fiber: 9 g, Added Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 1190 mg