In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sicilian chicken and kale with green olives, capers, and lemon
Gluten-Free, Mediterranean, Carb-Conscious, Dairy-Free, Paleo, Lean & Clean, Soy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly
2 Servings, 420 Calories/Serving
Sun-drenched flavors of Southern Italy inspire this paleo Mediterranean meal that requires only one pan and about 20 minutes to get on the table.
In your bag
- 2 boneless skin-on chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- ¼ cup pitted Castelvetrano olives
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 organic lemon
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 6 ounces organic shredded kale or other leafy greens
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
Calories: 420, Protein: 42g (84% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 22g (34% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 105mg (35% DV), Sodium: 580mg (24% DV), Carbohydrates: 14g (5% DV), Total Sugars: 4g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice enough shallots to measure ⅓ cup [⅔ cup].
- Thinly slice the olives crosswise, checking for any pits.
- Rinse the capers.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
Cook the kale and spinach
Working in batches if needed, add the kale and spinach and cook, stirring occasionally, until the greens are wilted and the sauce has thickened to a glaze, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Measure the shallots.
- Rinse the capers.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Measure the lemon juice and water for the greens.