In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Roasted lemon-pepper chicken and asparagus with yogurt-feta smear
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 450 Calories/Serving
Featuring roasted chicken and blistered tomatoes on the vine, this sheet pan dinner is simple and impressive. Go ahead and gloat. We won’t tell anyone how easy it was.
In your bag
- 2 boneless skinless lemon-pepper chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 10 ounces organic asparagus
- 6 organic scallions
- 6 ounces organic cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh dill
- 1 wedge preserved lemon
- Sunbasket yogurt-feta base (feta - Greek yogurt - lemon juice - extra virgin olive oil - Kalamata olives - garlic - dried oregano)
- 2 tablespoons organic Greek yogurt
Calories 450, Total Fat 28g (36% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 95mg (32% DV), Sodium 1190mg (52% DV), Total Carb. 19g (7% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 1g Added Sugars, 2% DV), Protein 35g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and start roasting the chicken
Heat the oven to 425°F.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt.
On one end of a sheet pan [on 1 sheet pan], place the chicken and drizzle with 2 to 3 teaspoons oil. Roast until starting to brown but not yet cooked through, about 10 minutes. Carefully remove the pan from the oven and turn the chicken. Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables
- Snap off the woody ends from the asparagus.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions.
- Leaving the tomatoes on the vine, snip the vine in half. Drizzle the tomatoes with 2 to 3 teaspoons oil and season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, toss the asparagus and scallions with 1 to 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper.
Roast the vegetables; finish roasting the chicken
On the other end of the sheet pan [on a 2nd sheet pan], spread the asparagus, scallions, and tomatoes in an even layer. Roast until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is cooked through, 12 to 14 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the yogurt-feta smear.
Make the yogurt-feta smear
- Coarsely chop the dill.
- Remove any pulp from the preserved lemon and discard; finely chop the peel.
In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt-feta base, Greek yogurt, dill, and half the preserved lemon peel. Season lightly to taste with salt and pepper and more preserved lemon, if desired.
Smear the yogurt-feta mixture on individual plates and top with the asparagus, scallions, and tomatoes. Serve the chicken alongside.
- Snap off the ends from the asparagus.
- Toss the asparagus and scallions with oil and season.
- Time the cooking.
- Stir the yogurt-feta smear.
- Smear the yogurt-feta mixture on plates.