In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Roasted paprika chicken with parsnip and pear salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
Win over weeknight dinners by letting your oven do the heavy lifting. Just dust chicken with our earthy blend of spices, add on sweet parsnips, and then roast away.
In your bag
- 7 ounces organic parsnips
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket paprika spice blend (onion powder - sweet paprika - granulated garlic - cumin)
- 2 to 4 organic celery ribs (about ½ pound total)
- 2 organic d’Anjou or other pears
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sunbasket maple vinaigrette base (maple syrup - sherry vinegar - coriander - cinnamon)
Calories 540, Total Fat 29g (37% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 95mg (32% DV), Sodium 200mg (9% DV), Total Carb. 50g (18% DV), Fiber 12g (43% DV), Total Sugars 24g (Incl. 6g Added Sugars, 12% DV), Protein 23g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the parsnips
Heat the oven to 425°F.
- Scrub or peel the parsnips and trim the ends; cut the parsnips in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
On one end of a sheet pan [on 1 sheet pan], toss the parsnips with 1 to 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer.
Prep the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
On the other end of the sheet pan [on a 2nd sheet pan], drizzle the chicken with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil and rub with the paprika spice blend.
Roast the parsnips and chicken
Roast, stirring the parsnips and turning the chicken halfway through, until the parsnips are tender and lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes, and the chicken is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer the parsnips to a medium bowl while the chicken continues roasting. While the parsnips and chicken are roasting, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining salad ingredients
- Cut the celery on the diagonal into 1-inch pieces.
- Core and cut the pears into ½-inch pieces.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Make the vinaigrette; assemble the salad
In a small bowl, stir together the maple vinaigrette base and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
To the bowl with the roasted parsnips, add the celery, pears, parsley, and as much vinaigrette as you like and toss to coat (set aside any remaining vinaigrette for serving). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the chicken and parsnip and pear salad to individual plates. Serve any remaining vinaigrette on the side.
- Scrub the parsnips.
- Toss the parsnips with oil and season.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Stir the vinaigrette.
- Assemble the salad.