In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Roasted paprika chicken with parsnip-pear salad
Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Mediterranean, Paleo
2 Servings, 650 Calories/Serving
Chicken and parsnips get roasted on a single sheet pan for a fast paleo meal. Then the parsnips pair up with pears and a cinnamon vinaigrette for a wintry side.
In your bag
- ½ pound organic parsnips
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sun Basket paprika chicken spice blend (onion powder - sweet paprika - granulated garlic - cumin)
- 2 to 4 organic celery ribs (about ½ pound total)
- 2 organic Bartlett or other pears
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sun Basket cinnamon vinaigrette base (maple syrup - sherry vinegar - coriander - cinnamon)
Calories: 650, Protein: 33g (66% DV), Fiber: 13g (52% DV), Total Fat: 30g (46% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 115mg (38% DV), Sodium: 280mg (12% DV), Carbohydrates: 63g (21% DV), Total Sugars: 30g, Added Sugars: 6g (12% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the parsnips
- Scrub or peel the parsnips and trim the ends; cut the parsnips in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
Prep the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
Roast the parsnips and chicken
While the parsnips and chicken roast, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining salad ingredients
- Trim the ends from the celery; cut the celery on the diagonal into 1-inch pieces.
- Core and cut the pears into ½-inch pieces.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Make the vinaigrette; assemble the salad
To the bowl with the roasted parsnips, add the celery, pears, parsley, and as much vinaigrette as you like and toss to coat; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Stir the vinaigrette.
- Assemble the salad.