In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Roasted salmon and broccoli with almond-date tapenade
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Paleo, Dairy-Free, Carb-Conscious
2 Servings, 470 Calories/Serving
Ready in about 20 minutes, this fresh take on salmon doesn’t just feature a protein-rich tapenade, but also a lush harissa tahini sauce for the fish. Made from sesame seeds, which are high in healthy fats, it takes this heart-healthy dish to the next level.
The Heart-Check Certification indicates the recipe meets the American Heart Association®’s nutrition requirements. To remain at or under the maximum 600mg sodium per serving, use no more than ⅓ teaspoon salt to season this recipe. We also recommend using the lower amounts of oil suggested for preparation.
In your bag
- 10 ounces organic baby broccoli
- Fish options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons roasted almonds
- 1½ ounces Medjool dates (with pits)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh dill
- Sunbasket harissa tahini sauce base (tahini - lemon juice - EVOO - harissa powder)
Calories: 470, Protein: 42g (84% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 25g (38% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 55mg (18% DV), Sodium: 180mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates: 29g (10% DV), Total Sugars: 18g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the broccoli and fish
Prep and cook instructions are almost identical for both fish options.
- Trim the root ends from the baby broccoli. On one end of the sheet pan [on 1 sheet pan], drizzle the broccoli with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil; season with salt, if desired, and pepper and toss to coat.
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel. On the other end of the sheet pan [on a 2nd sheet pan], rub the fish all over with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil and season with salt, if desired, and pepper (then place the salmon skin side down).
While the broccoli and fish roast, prepare the tapenade and the harissa tahini sauce.
Make the tapenade; finish the sauce
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
- Pull the dates away from their pits; coarsely chop the dates.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Coarsely chop the dill.
Stir 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] water into the harissa tahini sauce base.
- Season the broccoli for roasting.
- Pull the dates away from the pits.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Stir the tapenade.
- Top the fish with the tapenade.
The Heart-Check Certification applies to original recipes only and does not apply when a protein customization is utilized.