In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Roasted salmon with black lentil salad and diablo sauce
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
Feast your eyes on this 20-minute meal: Black lentils contrast with pink roasted salmon (or pearl-white halibut) for colors almost as vibrant and bold as the accompanying deep red diablo sauce.
In your bag
- ½ cup black lentils
- Fish options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 white onion
- 1 cucumber
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- Sunbasket diablo sauce base (tomatoes - olive oil - tomato paste - fresh garlic - salt - dried New Mexican chiles - ground coriander - dried Mexican oregano)
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
Calories 590, Total Fat 20g (26% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 55mg (18% DV), Sodium 800mg (35% DV), Total Carb. 55g (20% DV), Fiber 16g (57% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 52g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the lentils
- Rinse the lentils.
While the lentils simmer, prepare the fish.
Prep and roast the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel.
While the fish roasts, prepare the remaining salad ingredients.
Prep the remaining salad ingredients
- Peel and finely chop enough white onion to measure 1 cup.
- Peel the cucumber, if desired, and trim off the ends; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise and using a spoon, gently scrape out the seeds. Cut the cucumber halves lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick slices, then crosswise into ¼-inch pieces. Divide into two equal portions, one for the salad and one for garnish.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro. Divide into two equal portions, one for the salad and one for garnish.
- Cut the lime into wedges for garnish.
Assemble the salad