In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Roasted salmon with pearl couscous and date-apple salad
Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 680 Calories/Serving
Light, healthy, yet hearty, this fish dish is a surefire crowd-pleaser, with wild-caught seafood and a side of chewy pearl couscous tossed with greens and salty bits of feta.
In your bag
- ½ cup pearl couscous
- Seafood options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 1 or 2 organic celery ribs (about ¼ pound total)
- 1 organic Granny Smith or other apple
- 3 or 4 Medjool dates (with pits; about 3 ounces total)
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta
- Sunbasket sherry vinaigrette base (maple syrup - sherry vinegar - coriander - cinnamon)
- 1 organic lemon
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
Calories 680, Total Fat 24g (31% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 115mg (38% DV), Sodium 280mg (12% DV), Total Carb. 79g (29% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 43g (Incl. 3g Added Sugars, 6% DV), Protein 37g
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the couscous
While the water heats and the couscous cooks, prepare the seafood.
Prep and cook the seafood
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the fish cooks, prepare the date-apple salad.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt.
While the scallops cook, prepare the date-apple salad.
Make the date-apple salad
- Trim the ends from the celery; thinly slice the celery on the diagonal.
- Cut the apple lengthwise into quarters and cut away the core. Cut the fruit into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Pull the dates away from their pits; thinly slice the dates.
- Set aside half the feta for the couscous.
Prep the lemon; finish the couscous
- Cut the lemon into wedges for garnish.
- Pull the dates away from their pits.
- Assemble the date-apple salad.
- Toss the couscous.