In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Roasted salmon with pearl couscous and date-apple salad
Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly
2 Servings, 680 Calories/Serving
Light, healthy, yet hearty, this fish dish is a surefire crowd-pleaser, with wild-caught seafood and a side of chewy pearl couscous tossed with greens and salty bits of feta.
In your bag
- ½ cup pearl couscous
- Seafood options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 1 or 2 organic celery ribs (about ¼ pound total)
- 1 organic Granny Smith or other apple
- 3 or 4 Medjool dates (with pits; about 3 ounces total)
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta
- Sunbasket sherry vinaigrette base (maple syrup - sherry vinegar - coriander - cinnamon)
- 1 organic lemon
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
Calories 680, Total Fat 24g (31% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 115mg (38% DV), Sodium 280mg (12% DV), Total Carb. 79g (29% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 43g (Incl. 3g Added Sugars, 6% DV), Protein 37g
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the couscous
While the water heats and the couscous cooks, prepare the seafood.
Prep and cook the seafood
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the fish cooks, prepare the date-apple salad.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt.
While the scallops cook, prepare the date-apple salad.
Make the date-apple salad
- Trim the ends from the celery; thinly slice the celery on the diagonal.
- Cut the apple lengthwise into quarters and cut away the core. Cut the fruit into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Pull the dates away from their pits; thinly slice the dates.
- Set aside half the feta for the couscous.
Prep the lemon; finish the couscous
- Cut the lemon into wedges for garnish.
- Pull the dates away from their pits.
- Assemble the date-apple salad.
- Toss the couscous.