In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Roasted salmon with turnip, kale, and orange salad
Dairy-Free, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Lean & Clean, Paleo, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 510 Calories/Serving
“Turnip” the tunes with this lean and clean salad made from fresh seasonal ingredients: bright kale, roasted turnip, and delicate salmon. Can you dig it?
In your bag
- 1 organic turnip
- Fish options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands skinless salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised skin-on barramundi fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic orange
- 5 ounces organic shredded kale or other leafy greens
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted pumpkin seeds
Calories 510, Total Fat 26g (40% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 135mg (45% DV), Sodium 240mg (10% DV), Total Carb. 27g (9% DV), Fiber 7g (28% DV), Total Sugars 14g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 45g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the turnip and fish
Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Scrub or peel the turnip; cut the turnip lengthwise into quarters, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices. On one end of a sheet pan [on 1 sheet pan], toss the turnip with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil; season with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer.
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel and rub the fish all over with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil; season generously with salt and pepper. On the other end of the sheet pan [on a 2nd sheet pan], place the fish (skin side down for the skin-on salmon, snapper, or barramundi).
Roast, stirring the turnip once halfway through, until the turnip is just tender and the fish is opaque and flaky, 10 to 12 minutes for skin-on salmon, snapper, or barramundi and 11 to 13 minutes for skinless salmon. Meanwhile, start preparing the salad.
Make the salad
- Using your hands or a sharp knife, peel the orange; cut the orange in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons. Discard any seeds.
In a large bowl, combine the kale with the balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil, season with salt and pepper, and gently massage the leaves. Add the orange and roasted turnip and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the fish and salad to individual plates. Garnish the salad with the pumpkin seeds and serve.
- Scrub the turnip.
- Toss the turnip with oil and season.
- Peel the orange by hand.
- Assemble the salad.
- Garnish the salad with pumpkin seeds.