In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Roasted Italian sausages and spiced vegetables with romesco
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 460 Calories/Serving
Throw some sausage links, cabbage, carrot, and Brussels sprouts in the oven to roast, sit back with a glass of wine, and enjoy an incredibly easy paleo sheet-pan dinner.
In your bag
- ¼ pound organic Brussels sprouts
- 1 or 2 organic carrots
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 organic lemon
- 5 ounces organic shredded green or other cabbage
- Sunbasket Turkish spice blend (ground turmeric - coriander - cumin - Urfa chile flakes)
- Sausage options:
- 2 fresh mild Italian pork sausages (about ¼ pound each)
- 2 fresh chicken sausages with roasted peppers and garlic (about ¼ pound each)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sunbasket romesco (roasted red peppers - almonds - extra virgin olive oil - sherry vinegar - garlic - sweet smoked paprika - kosher salt)
Calories 460, Total Fat 32g (41% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 55mg (18% DV), Sodium 840mg (37% DV), Total Carb. 28g (10% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 22g
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
Heat the oven to 425°F.
- Trim the ends from the Brussels sprouts. Cut the Brussels sprouts lengthwise into quarters.
- Scrub or peel the carrot and trim the ends; cut the carrot on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Peel the onion and cut lengthwise into quarters.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Using a peeler, remove the zest in wide strips from the lemon, being careful to remove only the outermost yellow layer and leave behind the bitter white pith. Cut the zest into thin strips. Juice half the lemon and set aside the juice for finishing the vegetables; save the remaining lemon half for another use. [Remove the zest from both lemons and juice ½ lemon; save the remaining 1½ lemons for another use.]
- Set aside half the cabbage for finishing the vegetables.
In a large bowl, combine the Brussels sprouts, carrot, onion, garlic, lemon zest, Turkish spice blend, half the cabbage, and 1 to 2 tablespoons oil. Season generously with salt and pepper and toss to coat. On one end of a sheet pan, spread the vegetables in an even layer.
Prep the sausages; roast the vegetables and sausages
- Pat the sausages dry with a paper towel; prick in a few places with a fork, if desired.
Place the sausages on the other end of the sheet pan. Roast, stirring the vegetables and turning the sausages halfway through, until the vegetables are lightly browned and tender and the sausages are browned and cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes.
When the vegetables and sausages are almost done, prepare the parsley.
Prep the parsley; finish the vegetables
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Toss the vegetables with oil and seasonings.
- Spread the vegetables on the sheet pan.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Garnish with the parsley and romesco.