In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Roasted Italian sausages and spiced vegetables with romesco
Family-Friendly, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Paleo
2 Servings, 530 Calories/Serving
Throw some Italian sausage, cabbage, carrot, and Brussels sprouts in the oven to roast, sit back with a glass of wine, and enjoy an incredibly easy paleo sheet-pan dinner.
In your bag
- ¼ pound organic Brussels sprouts
- 1 organic carrot
- 2 or 3 organic shallots
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 organic lemon
- 6 ounces organic shredded green or other cabbage
- Sunbasket Turkish seasoning blend (ground turmeric - coriander - cumin - Urfa chile flakes)
- 2 fresh mild Italian pork sausages (about ¼ pound each)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sunbasket romesco (roasted red peppers - almonds - EVOO - sherry vinegar - fresh garlic - sweet smoked paprika - kosher salt)
Calories: 530, Protein: 23g (46% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 38g (58% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 55mg (18% DV), Sodium: 1000mg (42% DV), Carbohydrates: 24g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Cut the Brussels sprouts lengthwise into quarters.
- Scrub or peel the carrot and trim the ends; cut the carrot on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Peel the shallots and cut them lengthwise into quarters.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Using a peeler, remove the zest in wide strips from the lemon, being careful to remove only the outermost yellow layer and leave behind the bitter white pith. Cut the zest into thin strips. Juice half the lemon and set aside the juice for finishing the vegetables; save the remaining lemon half for another use. [Remove the zest from both lemons and juice ½ lemon; save the remaining 1½ lemons for another use.]
- Set aside half the cabbage for finishing the vegetables.
Prep the sausages; roast the vegetables and sausages
- Pat the sausages dry with a paper towel; prick in a few places with a fork.
When the vegetables and sausages are almost done, prepare the parsley.
Prep the parsley; finish the vegetables
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Toss the vegetables with oil and seasonings.
- Spread the vegetables on the sheet pan.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Garnish with the parsley and romesco.