In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Roasted shrimp and eggplant with mint couscous and spicy green harissa
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 730 Calories/Serving
This light but satisfying sheet pan supper is inspired by the flavors of North Africa. The couscous steams quickly while the rest of the meal roasts in the oven.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- ½ cup whole wheat couscous
- 1 organic Asian or other eggplant
- 1 organic yellow onion
- Shrimp options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- Sunbasket baharat blend (baharat - coriander - cumin)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- Sunbasket spicy green harissa (EVOO - fresh parsley - fresh lemon juice - fresh cilantro - kosher salt - cumin - cayenne - sweet smoked paprika)
Calories 730, Total Fat 42g (54% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 180mg (60% DV), Sodium 1060mg (46% DV), Total Carb. 63g (23% DV), Fiber 14g (50% DV), Total Sugars 12g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 30g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the couscous
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
While the couscous cooks, prepare the eggplant and shrimp.
Prep and roast the eggplant and shrimp
- Remove the stem from the eggplant; cut the eggplant into 2-inch pieces.
- Peel the onion and cut into ½-inch-thick slices.
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry.
Remove the pan from the oven and stir the vegetables. On the other end of the sheet pan [on a 2nd sheet pan], carefully toss the shrimp with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil; season lightly with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer. Return the pan [both pans] to the oven and roast, turning the shrimp once halfway through, until the vegetables are tender and the shrimp are firm and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes for regular shrimp, 8 to 10 minutes for jumbo shrimp.
While the vegetables and shrimp roast, finish the couscous.
Finish the couscous
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press)
- Measure the water for the couscous.
- Toss the vegetables with oil and seasonings.
- Strip the mint leaves.