In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Roasted sole and tomatoes with caramelized onions and olive tapenade
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Pescatarian, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 350 Calories/Serving
Love fresh oregano? Chef Jeremy weaves it into this Mediterranean plate three ways: in the caramelized onions, in the olive tapenade, and sprinkled on top of the roasted fish.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- 3 sprigs organic fresh oregano
- Sunbasket Italian dressing (extra virgin olive oil - red wine vinegar - champagne vinegar - sun-dried tomatoes - garlic - dried oregano - Dijon mustard)
- 3 tablespoons pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 organic Roma or other tomatoes
- Fish options:
- 2 wild skinless sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised skin-on barramundi fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
Calories 350, Total Fat 24g (31% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 55mg (18% DV), Sodium 620mg (27% DV), Total Carb. 20g (7% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 19g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and start roasting the onion
Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Peel the onion and cut crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices. Separate the slices into rings.
- Strip the oregano leaves from the stems and coarsely chop enough to measure 3 teaspoons [6 tsp]. Save any remaining oregano for another use. Divide the oregano into three equal portions, one for the onion, one for the tapenade, and one for garnish.
- Line a sheet pan [2 sheet pans] with foil or parchment paper.
On one end of the prepared sheet pan [on 1 sheet pan], drizzle the onion with the Italian dressing, season with salt and pepper and 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] oregano, and toss to coat. Spread in an even layer and roast until the onion starts to brown and caramelize, 8 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the tapenade, tomatoes, and fish.
Make the olive tapenade
- Finely chop the olives, checking for any pits.
- Zest the lemon and juice half, keeping the zest and juice separate; set aside the juice for finishing the fish. Cut the remaining half into wedges for garnish. [Zest and juice 1 lemon; cut the remaining lemon into wedges.]
In a small bowl, stir together the olives, lemon zest, sesame seeds, 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] oregano, and 1 to 2 tablespoons oil.
Prep the tomatoes and fish; finish roasting the ingredients
- Cut away the core from the tomatoes; thinly slice the tomatoes crosswise.
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper.
Remove the sheet pan from the oven, stir the onion, and spread in an even layer on one end of the sheet pan [on the entire sheet pan]. On the other end of the sheet pan [on a 2nd sheet pan], drizzle 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil and place the fish (skin side down for the barramundi or snapper) on top. Arrange the tomato slices on the fish, overlapping them slightly, and place any remaining tomato slices directly on the sheet pan. Spread the olive tapenade evenly over the tomato slices, covering as much of them as possible.
Return to the oven and roast until the fish is opaque and flaky and the onion is tender and deeply caramelized, 10 to 12 minutes. Sprinkle the fish with 1 to 2 teaspoons [1 TBL] lemon juice.
Transfer the onion to individual plates and top with the fish and any tomato slices from the pan. Garnish with the remaining oregano and serve with the lemon wedges.
- Separate the onion slices into rings.
- Divide the oregano.
- Season the onion for roasting.
- Juice the lemon.
- Stir the tapenade.