In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Roasted togarashi salmon with miso-glazed eggplant
Gluten-Free, Spicy, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 580 Calories/Serving
In this Asian-inspired dish, we use Japanese pantry staples like togarashi and miso to bring fast flavor to roasted salmon and eggplant.
In your bag
- ½ cup long-grain white rice
- Fish options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands skinless salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 organic globe eggplant
- 2 teaspoons shichimi togarashi
- Sun Basket miso-maple glaze (miso - maple syrup - gluten-free tamari - rice vinegar - toasted sesame oil)
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons shelled edamame
- Sun Basket Asian slaw dressing (almond butter - coconut aminos - toasted sesame oil - apple cider vinegar)
Calories: 580, Protein: 45g (90% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 18g (28% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 135mg (45% DV), Sodium: 630mg (26% DV), Carbohydrates: 59g (20% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: 3g (6% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond), Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
Prep and roast the fish and eggplant
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel.
- Remove the stem from the eggplant. Cut the eggplant crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices.
Roast, rotating the pan halfway through, until the fish is opaque and flaky and the eggplant is tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the salad.
Make the carrot-edamame salad
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Brush the eggplant with oil and maple-miso glaze.
- Assemble the salad.