In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Root vegetable latkes with apple-walnut salad and horseradish yogurt
Lean & Clean, Family-Friendly, Vegetarian, Diabetes-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 560 Calories/Serving
Move over, jarred applesauce. Our version of classic potato latkes is accompanied by a fresh apple-walnut salad and creamy Greek yogurt spiked with horseradish.
In your bag
- 10 ounces organic gold or red new potatoes
- 1 or 2 organic carrots (about 6 ounces total)
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 organic egg
- ¼ cup Cup4Cup gluten-free flour
- 1 organic Fuji or other apple
- 2 tablespoons walnuts
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon grated horseradish (packed in soybean oil)
Calories: 560, Protein: 15g (30% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 25g (38% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 85mg (28% DV), Sodium: 170mg (7% DV), Carbohydrates: 68g (23% DV), Total Sugars: 21g, Added Sugar: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Tree Nuts (walnut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the latkes
- Scrub or peel the potatoes and carrots. Using the large holes of a box grater or a food processor fitted with the grating attachment, coarsely grate the vegetables.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
- In a large bowl, using a fork or whisk, lightly beat the egg.
Cook the latkes
While the latkes cook, prepare the salad and horseradish yogurt.
Make the apple-walnut salad and horseradish yogurt
- Core and thinly slice the apple.
- Coarsely chop the walnuts.
In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt and as much horseradish as you like. Season to taste with salt.
- Scrub the potatoes and carrots.
- Assemble the apple-walnut salad.
- Stir the yogurt and horseradish.
- Garnish the latkes with the scallions and yogurt.